Value of nosy mitsio faly's?

well i talked with a friend, he actually is a Designer cross only chameleon breeder, he has some of the nicest designer crosses in the world, some of his males go for 800. He said he would buy 5 of my females, and my locale pet shop too. I think i will just sell them cheaply. as for the rest. Can incubation temperatures control sex determination, like some geckos ( I love doing it for my crested geckos, il have a customer tell me the exact coloration and sex they want, and i will set it up, within 4 months , they have it

with no disrespect jessica, Im a breeder, i have over 7 years of experiance with chameleons, i know the costs, i know their is not much to be made, but its the capital investment for the male mitsio. I have 100 baby cages set up, i separate them by size, i have found techniques to reduce the mortality rate of my young to only 10%. I know what im doing. Veileds arent good for breeding, they arent worth much, and the batches are to large, i can whole sale my chams for 200-300 each. and single orders are 400-500

PS. i dont over feed my panther chams, my usual baby count per batch is 20 after mortality

not only have I heard of the Kennel Club, I actively participated in it :D
8 years ago I finished my show career with 2 French Bulldogs becoming Champions. yes, I was one of THOSE goofy people, I just dressed in cool clothes, hair, jewels, and not sensible shoes!!

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox too - I know how strict these kennel club people are, so I don't want to get into a fight with a champion :D
It really should have been British Bulldogs if you really wanted my respect though......:D:rolleyes::confused::cool:;)

with no disrespect jessica, Im a breeder, i have over 7 years of experiance with chameleons, i know the costs, i know their is not much to be made, but its the capital investment for the male mitsio. I have 100 baby cages set up, i separate them by size, i have found techniques to reduce the mortality rate of my young to only 10%. I know what im doing. Veileds arent good for breeding, they arent worth much, and the batches are to large, i can whole sale my chams for 200-300 each. and single orders are 400-500

PS. i dont over feed my panther chams, my usual baby count per batch is 20 after mortality

My apologies no where in this thread was mentioned you had an elaborate set up. With your comment about space I assumed, it happens.

Good luck on your endeavors

And when did i say anything about unhealthy bloodlines, i really dont see how crossbreeding has anything to do with it as they are the SAME SPECIES, they just live in different areas

Yes, we just taught you this. https://www.chameleonforums.com/inter-species-panther-cham-breeding-68778/#post640211

And for someone touting your experience some of your questions are pretty newbie in nature...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/feeding-chameleons-exclusively-silk-worms-68771/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/proper-supplementation-68750/

Also you should know that calling yourself a "breeder" with "designer crosses" doesn't impress anyone. In fact it's annoying. "Designer crosses" is a fad name to sell mutts. A spade is a spade, a cross is a cross. You're breeding for color and that's it so there's nothing really fancy about it. If you were breeding a more unusual species and contributing the captive bred gene pool to reduce the wild caught trade then sure, you could get respect for that. Panther chams aren't that hard to get to breed. That's why there's so many of them. The term breeder has no clout here. And the fact that you're willing to sell of your mixed female crosses cheap means you will probably muddy up the genepool further by selling an unidentifiable female to someone else that will unknowingly breed her as something specific because for some reason people think that if it has the capability to reproduce then they must.

To answer your question, no you cannot determine sex with incubation temperature. Chams are different and it doesn't work that way (I would have thought you would have known that if you had so much expertise in breeding chams already).

With the questions you were asking you did not sound like someone with a lot of experience. People were trying to help based on that assumption. Good luck in whatever it is you are doing.

And mealworms causing seizures? Where did you pick that one up?

(Sorry everyone, the whole breeder thing struck a nerve... Btw, the crosses themselves is not my issue at all)

Last edited:
and if you read those threads you would see it was, i changed to a new supplement company, and i wanted to know if the dosage was different as it did not say on the back, and the silkie question was i was asking peoples opinions as i notices some people says its better to feed silkies as a main part of the diets of chams, as for me saying 'designer crosses' i like it, it sounds catchy and they come out in nice colors, i sell the female crosses for cheap, as no one really breeds crossed chameleons, its more for show. The females would be more for a pet than to breed. Sorry if i angered you in any way. Im going to go see if i can find other cases, im almost 100% sure there are dozens for beardies, and geckos, as for jacksons that was mine and another thread i saw last year

how did bull dogs, get on this thread anyway>?

That was my fault for going off on a related tangent......you didn't mind dog and human breeding being brought up when you asked whether it was even possible to breed your Chams together though......ferretinmyshoes makes good points that you seem to be very experienced but also very lacking in relevant knowledge.......I hope you have done thorough research for this project, it is a potential minefield as you can see.........

indeed, its just a thought, i wana make sure i have places to sell them to, and know the risks. if i were to do it it wouldnt be for 4 months, i want to get rid of my current batch of nosy falys

note: yes trace

I've been breeding panthers for four years.So here are some considerations before you embark on breeding.Although there really is no problem in crossing locales who will buy your females they are hard to sell when the locales are "clean" virtually impossiable when they're "muddied" and you will more than likely end up with a 50/50 split male to female ratio.If your succesful and after 8 months you hatch out 30 neonate panthers they will need to be housed and fed.You could probably split the clutch into 2 small cages and raise them communally.As they grow you will have to divide them further according to size which means multiple cages.Furtermore you will need to raise them to about 3 months of age to insure that they are well established and you can easily sex them.After all that is done you have to find a market.And what happens if they don't sell as well as anticipated what do you do with them then?If you are cannot afford an extra cage or an extra animal these are considerations you should think about.

i already have a full setup, i have 80 baby cages, 15 of which are houses right now. and i have i have 10 15 gal cages for when there older, i already have a market and people to sell them to

Back
Top Bottom