UVB meters

CoolCham

Sorry, not sure if this is in the right spot.

Anyway, does anyone know of a good UVB reader/meter/detector or whatever? I've seen some for $200, and that is definitely not worth it to me. So, does anyone know of a trustable and cheap version? It seems like the cheaper it is the lest accurate it would be, but you never know. Thanks, any recommendations are helpful!

As you say any cheap ones are not goin to be good so not worth buying. They cost a lot and are worth it if you have quite a few bulbs to test.

Yeah, I figured. I only have 4 cages to test, so not a lot. I was just hoping there was some cheap version or something.

The meters are on sale here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/summer-uv-meter-sizzler-solarmeters-hot-116113/

In the long run it will save you money because sometimes the bulbs last longer that 6 months. Sometimes they are bad when you take them out of the box. In the 7 years that I've had my meter twice a brand new bulb right out of the box put out zero UVB. Now if you didn't take your Cham outside and left that bulb on them for 6 months he would deffinately have MBD.

If it saves the life of my chameleon the $177 that I just spent on the meter is well worth the cost. I currently only have 1 cage, but I want to make sure that I am taking the proper care of my chameleon and that means the money is worth it.

Yeah, I figured. I only have 4 cages to test, so not a lot. I was just hoping there was some cheap version or something.

Just wanted to chime in here... :)

Believe me...
I totally understand.

They are expensive and a big investment.

I have searched the world over and looked at UV meters that cost as little as 30.00... and as much as 500.00 - 600.00 dollars.

Because I want to make sure that this is the best VALUE to the community in terms of a UV meter.

And I have got to tell you...
I can not find anything cheaper that will work.... or that is any good what so ever!

Na-da.
Nothing that even comes close.

And Solarmeters are so dependable and long lasting they do not depreciate like other "used" equipment.
So they always have good re-sale value.:)

HINT:
To make them even more obtainable, one could choose paypals "Bill Me Latter" option when buying one.
And then break it down into some smaller payments over a six month period and get it interest free*.
*you would have to read paypals terms and conditions for more details.
This does not only pertain to the LYR.com's web-site, but any marketer that offers paypal's "Bill me latter" option.

The idea is to make the best meter available---
in a way that folks can actually afford one-
because they are such an important investment in your reptiles health. :D
Thank you.
Cheers!
Todd
www.lightyourreptiles.com

Back
Top Bottom