Urlich the Destroyer passed away

ohiohousewife

Well, we tried. He looked like he was getting better this week too. We had had him to the vet several times in the past few months for eye infection, spinal injury (a result of weakening from the infection that could have gone to his spine), and pinworms.
We were force feeding him tobacco worms because his one eye was closed, and he wasnt drinking. I modified his cage so he couldnt fall and hurt himself further (back legs never did work well after the initial injury).
A few days ago, both eyes were open, he was drinking from his leaves, and starting a shed. Yay!
this morning, I found him in the back of his cage with runny fecal and a partially digested worm next to him. Not sure what happened. We'll miss him. He was a good cham. These pics were from earlier this week.

Attachments

• nom.jpg
    nom.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_9664.jpg
    IMG_9664.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 194
i'm so sorry for your loss. take comfort in the fact that you did all you could do for him.. lisa

so sad for you

Soooooo sad for you, I know how it hurts when you lose one of your family. Just remember how blessed you were for all the times you had togethre and getting to know one another. Every animal we have been blessed to care for have enriched our lives, and for that I am grateful.

It's so sad you lost him - it's an awful feeling to lose a precious cham. I know you did all you could for him and made his last weeks more comfortable for him.

I am so sorry that you lost him especially when you thought he was finally improving :( You did everything you could do and i`m sure he knew that too. RIP Urlich.

RIP Urlich. He will go up to chameleon heaven where he will eat every insect possible and hang on every branch possible. There is a time for everything and everybody and it was his time.

I'm sorry to hear that; poor guy. I hope the time will come when you can have another cham, and that that one will be happy and healthy for many years.

Thanks for your thoughts

I appreciate all of your kind words. It is really wonderful to have a supportive community of friends I haven't met yet. All of you make this love of chameleons that much more enjoyable.
Terri

I'm sorry for your lost! But he had an awesome name!!! And from the pictures I have seen, he was very beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom