URgEnt!

inferno

My male panther chameleon sharted out its intestines, and there just hanging from his but i dont think this is normal. what is a cure for this

I would assume a vet visit straight away would be required. Sounds like a prolapse which needs a vet. I think people recommend putting KY on to stop them drying out, but it needs to be done regularly.

Oh no! That sounds like he has some kind of prolapse. i would keep the tissue moist with moist paper towels and take him to a vet ASAP!!!!

Yea, Ky or Vasaline. and try to visit a vet. If the vet is impossible get back on here and lets Us all know, possibly someone experienced with that happening can walk you through it. But Do the Vet first if you can.

I had that happen to a Panther I had along time ago, The Vet Lubed it up, disinfected it, got it back in, and Recomended a syringe shot of (new)vegtable oil, injected into a feeder once in a while. Will keep the Chams intestinal tract lubed up. and will do no harm to the Cham. My Panther lived many, many years after that. :D

Vet straight away, keep tissue moistened....very difficult to put back in on your own if you are not sure about what you are doing. Sugar water (heavy sugar) or straight sugar on the tissue if it's very recent and still moist will help reduce the blood flow (with proper pressure from yourself or helping hand). After reducing the swelling at this point you can attempt to put back inside but honestly you have to know how...so get to your vet asap and let us know if they were able to help first.

i think its just his penis wont go back in because he like inflated it then it didnt go back in all the way... it was crazy

Has he retracted all the way inside again now?
If not, as has been said above, you must keep it moist with KY or sucrous (but not vaseline). If it does not go in on its own, I believe it must be helped in or the chameleon will eventually die. Get to a vet.

I do know with other herps a warm bath sometimes helps everything retract...but chams are so finicky that you have to be careful not to cause additional stress to the current situation.

2nd day of major erectile disfunction

this is the 2nd day my chameleon has been dragging his baggage around i but anti biotic cream on yesterday so it wouldnt dry up hoping it would go in on its own but upon awaking it is still out. There is no vet thats out of the option. so i need some advice.

OK, i am not 100% sure but i think most people have success soaking them in warm water to allow it to contract back into the body. Just deep enough to do the job. Did the cream keep it good and moist? no discoloration?

OK, i am not 100% sure but i think most people have success soaking them in warm water to allow it to contract back into the body.

I wouldn't say that.
In most cases a vet visit is essential.
Why is this not an option?

-Brad

Keep it moist,KY. If it dries out he is in trouble.Unless you have experience with this,the vet is necessary.

i like in south texas ill try soaking in warm water no the color is normal im keeping it moist so lets hope the water does something but do i soak him in a container or spray warm water wont he be all uncomfortable. but that doesnt matter right?

this is no help because i just need some advice on how to do it my self im 17 seriously im not driving 4 hours to a vet my dad would be like NO. so please i dont want my lizard to die vet is out of the option. nothinggg else i can do maybe. he wont just contract normally he is drinking right now he wasnt intrested in food but hes hydrating. hes a really good chameleon not mean at all hes my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom