URgEnt!

Ok, he's not taking it to a vet. He's feeling guilty now, but it's out of his hands - he's a minor.

At least someone has some compassion...It seems people on here have so much compassion for these animals but none when it comes to humans...man.... How bout we try helping the kid out instead of crying at him about it being his fault. He said the vet is not an option....so lets say...you know just for fun...that there were no vets...what would you do in this case...or what would a vet do if he brought it in....come on people...lets think here...

.... but those of you trying to squeeze compassion out of the OP when he's already demonstrated he has no respect for even humans (namely ones trying to help him out!) should have realized pretty early on that you were fighting a losing battle.

And how many conclusions can one draw with a keyboard ? That is about the dumbest thing I have seen posted here in a long time, and that's being kind. Some folks were trying to help. Others to only criticize with keystrokes. You are in the latter group.

Last edited:
Honestly I didnt even read the whole post....I got down to the bottom of the first page and had to respond...I think most people on here use this site as an emotional outlet...and they need to realize when they do so they can stop... Discretion...Self control....some words that come to mind...

Inferno, Im sorry for what you are going through. Let your heart be aware that you did the best you could for him and allow yourself to let go with peace. I have frozen a chameleon and I felt that she suffered less in her death than in her life. I live with that choice even if people on here want to chastise me for it. It was My pet, My decision and I made it for the better. You do whats good for your man and know that you did all you could. Chameleons are not a cheap hobby and please, before getting another, make sure you have a vet lined up and the means to fund a trip. I wish you the best and if it comes to it, Im so sorry for your loss. We are all here to support you. Do not let the few debbie downers get to you. This forum should be helpful, not hurtful or judgmental.

How very sad. I had hoped it was possible he'd recover. But it does seem unlikely. My thoughts go out to you. Its never easy to loose a pet.

The suggestion to see any normal vet to have him put down so that he doesnt suffer may be the best option. Or try a humane society, as they will sometimes do mercy work for free.

god im trippen out like this got all intense. but Thanks for all the advice i just needed to post that pic dang it sucks i raised it from a little guy i have 3 other males and a female. should i kill it? but i kinda dont want to because he looks so healthy i will put another picture on tomorrow

Inferno,

I find your situation to be pretty unfortunate, I'm sorry things turned out this way. I would be willing to take my time and efforts to call and speak with vets and or the humane society in your area to see if there is anything that can be done to atleast give the guy a bit more humane passing. If it doesnt happen we can atleast say we tried. In life thats all we can really do, were human and make mistakes and then we extract a lesson. We learn more often from error then anything else. You seam like a pretty bright cat and I know in my heart you try to do whats right. Give me your zip code and I'd be more then happy to make a few phone calls and see what we can do. Are you able to atleast get a ride to the vet or humane society if we can find some help? Just let me know.

-Jay

god im trippen out like this got all intense. but Thanks for all the advice i just needed to post that pic dang it sucks i raised it from a little guy i have 3 other males and a female. should i kill it? but i kinda dont want to because he looks so healthy i will put another picture on tomorrow
Give me your city and state and I will call local rescues and vets for you and see about euthanization.

If you give me until tomorrow afternoon and I will see if I can appeal your case to somebody close for cheap.

edit: Jason beat me to it, but I see no harm in both of us making calls.

Also, if it is too personal, let me know the budget you are looking at through a PM, so we know what we are asking for. Perhaps I can toss in a few to help you get it done the humanest way possible.

I raised my guy from a 2 month old, and as he grew weirdly enough he didn't seem to have enough room in the "package area" to hold all his junk. He was a stunning Nosy and one day-total hemipene prolapse. I got him to the Vet (Awesome Vet-exotics experience and training that I have been going to for 11 years with other animals) and we got him back in and stitched him(using local anesthesia.) Took him back in-took the stitch out, and he again prolapsed, took him back in, reinserted. This went on for almost a month-I learned to reinsert it myself. Then-one day-total prolapse, both hemipene and colon-Vet tried but couldn't do it and we made the decision to put him down. This entire time he looks the picture of health and is eating and drinking. Cost to me-$85.00 for everything-like I said I have a long established relationship with the Vet. It was heartbreaking but the experience I gained in knowing what to look for was priceless. However, even my guys total prolapse was never as "out" as yours is. It sucks-but if you keep enough chameleons you will run into the issues that they can have. Sounds like you are making good plans for tomorrow. Sorry you have to go through this.

Inferno, I completely sympathize with your situation, and kudos to all the other caregivers on here who've tried to get you some help.

I'm an optimist, I'd still try to get him to a vet. You never know, it might not be too late. I know there's some folks on here who're trying to help get you in touch with one who might be able to help. I know that budget/travel might make a vet a lofty option for you.

He looks really pretty, it'd be sad to see him go if that's what you need to do eventually. I agree with the "beg your parents to take you to a vet and help pay for the visit" folks on here, personally.

well i called i vet and im making an appointment as i type. i found a vet about an hour out not 3 hours. my moms goin to take it while im in school shes all sad to. as for now... keepin it moist and sanitized

well i called i vet and im making an appointment as i type. i found a vet about an hour out not 3 hours. my moms goin to take it while im in school shes all sad to. as for now... keepin it moist and sanitized

Good man, I'm glad your parents are lending a hand. I wish you the best of luck. Keep us updated please.;)

Way to go Inferno! Best of luck!! Hopefuly there is something they can do for your little one...

Make sure to tell your Mom we are all very happy she is helping!! (erm... I believe I speak for everyone?!)

sorry to hear this :( 1 question, in your picture your chameleon does not have the lump on its head like all the other ones i see. why is this?

Way to go Inferno! Best of luck!! Hopefuly there is something they can do for your little one...

Make sure to tell your Mom we are all very happy she is helping!! (erm... I believe I speak for everyone?!)

I think it's safe to say you are.

Glad this had a humane ending. Not a happy ending, but a humane one, it's all one could ask for at this juncture.

Good luck.

Are you taking him to get euthanize or to get looked at? There is mixed comments leading me to believe it could be either one.

Back
Top Bottom