Urgent Skin Issue

Sorry to hear that she didn't make it....hope you can find out the problem and get another belove cham soon.

This is going to sound absolutely crazy, but I would test your chameleon, if possible, for a flesh eating disorder. Fungal diseases don't turn your chameleon black. Black means the tissue is dying. Your chameleon might have some kind of parasite. Blood work for your chameleon might be in order.

Since this thread was rejuv, i didn't realize she was dead. if anyone else experiences this disease, bloodwork should be drawn immediately upon sight. If this thing spreads as quickly as it is said to, then it is a blood-borne pathogen, and should come up as a result from a blood analysis.

Im wondering If new plant/s were introduced before the first male showed symptoms?
Looks like toxidity reaction to be that fast and severe. Were they in separate cages? separate rooms?

Not sure if these are the same two chams but didnt you post a pic of a bite cause one got in with the other? This would be how the infection spread from cage to cage.

I am so sorry about your loss. This kind of thing really sucks. Hope you can find out the problem and make your experience with chameleons a good one.

Ok i just noticed that it was a panther that got bit. Watch this cham closely. First sine of infection and take to a RELIABLE VET ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom