Lump on veiled chameleon's leg

leslie.mcgrew

I have a male veiled chameleon that is just over a year old. I noticed a large bump above his right back leg this morning. Doesn't seem to be affecting him in any way. He is eating and drinking well and receives supplements weekly. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• pascal bump.jpg
    pascal bump.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 26
Hello and welcome! It appears his tail and back leg has some swelling in it as well. I agree with @regal81455, he needs a good exotic vet with chameleon care experience asap. Please let us know if you need help finding one, we can send you some recommendations.
I have reached out to our local vet to see if they have experience with them. If not then the closest one to us is about 60 miles away.

This would be a vet asap issue. I am seeing other things as well though. his Hemipenes look quite a bit larger than normal. This may be due to whatever is causing the swelling in that lump. Also in the front right at the wrist he is showing swelling. And he is missing some nails on that foot. You can see the dark black where the nail should be. The concern there would be if he ripped it out if there is infection starting in that toe. This thread has links that may be of help trying to find a reptile vet near you. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/veterinarian-resources.67/
I would make sure you go to a reptile vet though if you can find one with chameleon experience even better.

I recommend an exotic reptile vet asap. Last month my guy was showing very similar symptoms and unfortunately did not make it through. Just like humans every cham is different, but after x rays and bw my little guy did not fare so well. Good luck with your little guy, do not wait on that vet call, as you probably know they can deteriorate very quickly.
🤞 it’s nothing serious.

I have reached out to our local vet to see if they have experience with them. If not then the closest one to us is about 60 miles away.
Hi and welcome. I have to add my agreement that your guy needs to be seen by a good vet asap. He’s got several issues that if nothing else, look like they would be painful. Sadly, exotics vets for reptiles are few and far between and ones with good experience with chameleons are even rarer. Many of us do need to travel some distances for vets. If you place your guy in a box (don’t forget a couple of ventilation holes), he should fall asleep once it’s dark and sleep the duration of the drive.
Once he’s taken care of, I suggest we go over all of your husbandry to make sure everything is as perfect as possible which can help prevent future health problems.

Back
Top Bottom