URGENT, humidity question Veiled Chameleon

Jc555

Hi I am going on break out of town soon for a week and i can only have a person come out to feed all my animals once a day, i spray my juvenile veiled chameleon currently (about a month and a half old), i know its not that good but i want to get a humidity system that will hold it through break and work for him, the only one at my local petstore is a reptifogger is this ok for him? Thanks i dont have a ton of time.

Any kind of mister would be a better choice that a fogger but if that is all you can get I'd do it. I would just set it to run early morning and late afternoon into evening and not all day. The cage needs to dry a bit during the hottest part of the day.
Are you going to run a dripper?

Any kind of mister would be a better choice that a fogger but if that is all you can get I'd do it. I would just set it to run early morning and late afternoon into evening and not all day. The cage needs to dry a bit during the hottest part of the day.
Are you going to run a dripper?

Thank you for this reply, i will get a dripper if one is at my local pet store, so if im getting this correct you are saying in the morning and in the afternoon to run it? For how long? Sorry if im comprehending you wrong.

Yes, thats what I meant. 5am to 8am and 5pm to 8pm so when the cage is hottest the fogger is off. You don't want it to look like a hot soggy swamp. Run the dripper during the day after your house sitter refills it so he gets a chance to drink.

Yes, thats what I meant. 5am to 8am and 5pm to 8pm so when the cage is hottest the fogger is off. You don't want it to look like a hot soggy swamp. Run the dripper during the day after your house sitter refills it so he gets a chance to drink.

Turns out my pet store did have a repti mister, but no dripper should i do same settings (time wise, meaning i will let it run twice a day for 60 seconds) as you said and i will be all good? Thanks

Last edited:
A mister will have a different schedule. I think the repti misters let you set one minute every so many hours. Is that what you got?

I would do 6 hours set so it's 9am 3pm etc. and you will have to see how many seconds your cage can take with out getting too soggy. If you have drainage system try 45 sec. if you don't try 15-30 sec. Your sitter will have to check and refill it.

I would do 6 hours set so it's 9am 3pm etc. and you will have to see how many seconds your cage can take with out getting too soggy. If you have drainage system try 45 sec. if you don't try 15-30 sec. Your sitter will have to check and refill it.

Ok thanks

Ok thanks

I happen to actually be testing this reptirain today and ive been obviously using it more often than it usually would testing it out with the chameleon in there, and he seems to like it a lot and finds drops, my q is, should i have it on more than per 6 hours but for every 3 hours? Every repitition he looked for water and found it and hes lookihg around the enclosure right now on the screen where drops usually are.

The problem is it will run round the clock but if you can put it on a timer so it isn't spraying him all night that would be great.

I would set it to more often than 6 hours, yes. The problem with those is that they can only run for a maximum of 60 seconds at a time, which is a very short duration of misting when it comes to chameleons.

I would set it to more often than 6 hours, yes. The problem with those is that they can only run for a maximum of 60 seconds at a time, which is a very short duration of misting when it comes to chameleons.

To reply to all of your questions yes i do have a timer (7Am-7PM) my enclosure fairing with the water not well its leaking pretty bad at 30 sec for every 6 hr, but i got a towel in there now to soak a lot in, but would you recommend the full 60 sec? That is a lot of water which isnt a problem just seems like overkill. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom