Urgent Help needed, is this a prolapse?

Well, I have the KY-Jelly and the Q-tips now. But I agree, I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to do medication on my own.

I'm glad to hear it went back in. Hopefully it stays there. Looks like you got plenty of help on here. Lots of great members on here with great advice to help out these chameleons.

If it's back in does Tony need to put any KY at the vent or only if he notices anything coming out?

The vet said I only need to do something if I see it coming out again. I checked on him before lights out tonight since that’s when I noticed it last night when he has his tail curled up tightly. Everything looks back to normal.

Can you use raw honey on the hemipenis or does it have to be manuka honey? I’ve never even heard of this particular kind. I thought honey was honey

I'm not positive but I think alot of the time prolapse hemipenises are confused with reaching sexual maturity without having a mate to help him along. Males will mate with thier keepers hands lol I think alot of the time for example in this threads case pictures above he was just having a mature dream. I could be wrong but it happens with dogs and humans and well anything with a penis let alone a hemipenis or doubledong. I think alot of keepers overreact and start rubbing ointments on it causing problems where there weren't any. That being said if your gonna rub anything on your chams genitals I think it best to be natural honey.

I've used raw natural local honey.
I'm not positive but I think alot of the time prolapse hemipenises are confused with reaching sexual maturity without having a mate to help him along. Males will mate with thier keepers hands lol I think alot of the time for example in this threads case pictures above he was just having a mature dream. I could be wrong but it happens with dogs and humans and well anything with a penis let alone a hemipenis or doubledong. I think alot of keepers overreact and start rubbing ointments on it causing problems where there weren't any. That being said if your gonna rub anything on your chams genitals I think it best to be natural honey.

Yea, I have a 8 month or so old panther who I believe is coming into his prime. I noticed last week he started showing his goods off. It usually goes back in with no issues, but the past couple of days he seems to need a little help. I’ve done warm sugar water soaks and KY. I did some research online, I cannot remember where I read it, but that when they shed sometimes the skin will get stuck and cause problems. Well I noticed he had a bit of something poking through. After a warm soak I took a pair of tweezers and removed it. Looked like old skin or maybe it’s a sperm plug. Now I think my guy is just swollen and his bits and pieces are irritated. I’m gonna keep doing soaks and applying honey and KY for the next day or so until he can keep it in.

Yea, I have a 8 month or so old panther who I believe is coming into his prime. I noticed last week he started showing his goods off. It usually goes back in with no issues, but the past couple of days he seems to need a little help. I’ve done warm sugar water soaks and KY. I did some research online, I cannot remember where I read it, but that when they shed sometimes the skin will get stuck and cause problems. Well I noticed he had a bit of something poking through. After a warm soak I took a pair of tweezers and removed it. Looked like old skin or maybe it’s a sperm plug. Now I think my guy is just swollen and his bits and pieces are irritated. I’m gonna keep doing soaks and applying honey and KY for the next day or so until he can keep it in.

I think you have a great case for the application of honey. Interesting the spermplug or possible shed obstruction. Please Keep us posted I would like to know how everything works out.

I will keep posted on his condition. I’ve made some adjustments to his water source adding a larger dripper as the smaller one would run out too fast. He has been very active, moving all around his enclosure and his appetite hasn’t diminished any. I feel like he’s showing his goodies off whoever he can though

Back
Top Bottom