Urate

YeH. I think I’ll rehome it, but idk, well see. But yeah ima get a cage and a light thing.. ima do this tho. I’ll have to learn more. But yeah hun I don’t know what I’m doing. But yeah I’m learning. So yeah.

Attachments

• 1BB2A77D-5338-4332-B983-514DCF2D60A8.png
    1BB2A77D-5338-4332-B983-514DCF2D60A8.png
    331.8 KB · Views: 42
  • E5AD4410-3F70-451E-9268-AAF52149C150.png
    E5AD4410-3F70-451E-9268-AAF52149C150.png
    223.7 KB · Views: 48
I really don't want to be "that person", but if you truly want the best for these chams you'll consider rehoming them or looking into surrendering to a reptile rescue if you don't have the finances to make the changes necessary for their wellbeing. You've already been given all of the advice needed to give them a good life, and have shown little to no improvements over the last couple months.

There's nothing else we can do.
Yeah threads like this I don’t like to be “that person” either and especially since the OP is a kid with no income I completely understand but this isn’t fair to the chameleons that have to live through this. I agree I would really consider rehoming at least 1 or both until you are financially stable. These animals need money and ALOT of it!

Is there anything I need. Besides that. And yeah I’m working on it. And ur right IM A KID why did I try this..
Have we gone over how to properly gutload your feeders yet? Properly housing and gutloading your feeders will be another thing you need to look in to.
As far as your enclosure you'll need lots of branches, vine, and REALplants not fake. and yes you do need more than what you have now. "Empty space is wasted space"

Have we gone over how to properly gutload your feeders yet? Properly housing and gutloading your feeders will be another thing you need to look in to.
As far as your enclosure you'll need lots of branches, vine, and REALplants not fake. and yes you do need more than what you have now. "Empty space is wasted space"
Yes. I’ll put some stuff in. Yes, i am positive I am gut loading right. I have fresh vegetables and fruits.

Yes. I’ll put some stuff in. Yes, i am positive I am gut loading right. I have fresh vegetables and fruits.
Gotta pay attention to what you load with --spinach for example is high in phosphorus and can mess with calcium absorption.

Its never simple here.

In the mean time, read through these articles. Everything you need to learn about chameleon care is found here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/

As for the smelly urate/dropping, you need to figure out with cham is producing them. There is a good chance it is a type of parasite which would most likely mean both chams are infected.

Yes, you are a kid as you stated. Use this experience to learn from your mistakes. IDK how you ended up with two chameleons but this was the first mistake. Remember in the future that proper research should be done before making any kind of animal purchase.

Its not to late to learn and adjust and its evident that you are willing to learn so keep it up. Start by getting a second enclosure set up and getting them to a vet for a check up.

In the mean time, read through these articles. Everything you need to learn about chameleon care is found here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/

As for the smelly urate/dropping, you need to figure out with cham is producing them. There is a good chance it is a type of parasite which would most likely mean both chams are infected.

Yes, you are a kid as you stated. Use this experience to learn from your mistakes. IDK how you ended up with two chameleons but this was the first mistake. Remember in the future that proper research should be done before making any kind of animal purchase.

Its not to late to learn and adjust and its evident that you are willing to learn so keep it up. Start by getting a second enclosure set up and getting them to a vet for a check up.
Ok thank, it’s almost official about the re homing. Of the female. But the watery urate is a parasite? I thought it was just wanted to check in with you guys. Bc you r the experts.

5.0 or 10.0 stick bulb
for the T5HO fixture? It would be a T5HO 5.0 bulb and you would need the 22 inch bulb because you need to buy the 24 inch fixture so it works on your new cage. You will put basking level 7-8 inches below the screen and the fixture will sit directly on top of the cage.

Ok thanks. I already
for the T5HO fixture? It would be a T5HO 5.0 bulb and you would need the 22 inch bulb because you need to buy the 24 inch fixture so it works on your new cage. You will put basking level 7-8 inches below the screen and the fixture will sit directly on top of the cage.
got it ordered :) believe I really did. I’ll send a pic when I get it installed. Thank you again. You have been supportive even when I’m being stubborn. ;)

Back
Top Bottom