Upset and frustrated!

Grasshopper

WARNING THIS POST MAY MAKE YOU UPSET. STOP HERE IF YOU FEEL YOU MAY GET MAD. BECAUSE I DID I EVEN WANTED TO CRY. So today I went to a flea market today and they had a Jackson in there he was in such bad shape. I was going to buy him give him his proper lighting and take him to the vet. I felt so bad for him, a guy bought him for his daughter and was going to put him in with a iguana so I told him he couldn't do that he had to be caged alone and he fought with me. I tried to explain to him what lights he needed and the humidity levels and about this site and foods he can eat, and he looked at me dead in the eye and said hes going to get the same lighting my iguana has (just a house bulb) and going to eat meal worms and supers. I offered him $200 for him when he only paid $50 and he straight told me no and kept walking. A guy next to me heard everything and tried as well he still said no. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT! It irritates me that they dont even try to understand, they think they can just put them in a cage and forget about them. He needed vet care he was super dehydrated his eyes was like diamond shaped and sunk in. His legs looked horrible and hes been in that little container for 4 days. It made me feel sick to my stomach and I wanted to cry so bad. Why do people just sell an animal without knowing they will be taken care of properly? Sorry for this but I just didnt know who else to talk to that would understand like all of you.

Attachments

• 20190407_143232.jpg
    20190407_143232.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 214
This is horrible. Some people just are ignorant and don't appreciate these beautiful animals. Or any animals in general. I'm disgusted. I hope this little guy doesn't suffer too much and it's very brave that you tried to save him.

WARNING THIS POST MAY MAKE YOU UPSET. STOP HERE IF YOU FEEL YOU MAY GET MAD. BECAUSE I DID I EVEN WANTED TO CRY. So today I went to a flea market today and they had a Jackson in there he was in such bad shape. I was going to buy him give him his proper lighting and take him to the vet. I felt so bad for him, a guy bought him for his daughter and was going to put him in with a iguana so I told him he couldn't do that he had to be caged alone and he fought with me. I tried to explain to him what lights he needed and the humidity levels and about this site and foods he can eat, and he looked at me dead in the eye and said hes going to get the same lighting my iguana has (just a house bulb) and going to eat meal worms and supers. I offered him $200 for him when he only paid $50 and he straight told me no and kept walking. A guy next to me heard everything and tried as well he still said no. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT! It irritates me that they dont even try to understand, they think they can just put them in a cage and forget about them. He needed vet care he was super dehydrated his eyes was like diamond shaped and sunk in. His legs looked horrible and hes been in that little container for 4 days. It made me feel sick to my stomach and I wanted to cry so bad. Why do people just sell an animal without knowing they will be taken care of properly? Sorry for this but I just didnt know who else to talk to that would understand like all of you.
You did all you could to save the poor cham from the certain death sentence it's received. You tried.

You did what you could. The hard reality is that the pet trade in general kills many animals. Those that make it are sold and people who keep them often provide poor care and the animal dies, and there is frankly not much we can do about it...

You really offered him $200 and he still wouldn't do it?! It seems to me it would be a win-win for him as he could grab 200 bones (and to a much lesser extent), know the animal would be properly cared for. That's a whole lotta stupid pride...

You have no idea how many times I thought about snatching and running but there was so many people there you bumped elbows. I offered him $200 and so did the other guy, i think he turned it down out of spite (didnt want me to have him at all). He was a very rude man. He needed the proper car and a vet visit, he was in that little container for 4 days it was horrible looking at him. I wanted him so badly, if only I was 5 seconds earlier. I failed the poor guy, i could have given him the best home. The seller is going to be there next Sunday he says he will have a few more, I'm going early to see who all I can rescue I dont care if there is 9 I'm getting them. I just breaks my heart knowing people dont give any care of the animal or reptile or anything by that matter. I've rescued all 5 of my dogs from abusive homes, (one got thrown out of a car window at a bridge, he didnt make it in the water) I got out and helped him he was completely covered with wood ticks and bubble gum. My other reptiles, snake, bearded dragon, savanna monitors I've rescued from that seller yesterday, I had another nuke but he died before I got him to the car. I'm just glad I got them babies out of there, just wish i could have done more.

It was a noble effort on your part. I dealt with this in the vet hospitals all the time. It is a big part of what made me change careers.
There are three kinds of pet owners or a sliding scale. Those who own pets as a status item for their ego (look at me's) and care nothing for the animals needs, People who take pets in as family members but still consider their animals natural needs, and those who see them as replacements for children and anthropomorphize them into treating them like humans neglecting their true nature and needs.
I suspect you met the first kind. I hope he passes peacefully.

Some people are so ignorant. Just the other day me and my mom went to petco to buy some ghost shrimp, and in the checkout line there was this woman and a young kid (around 5 or 6) with a bag with several clownfish. He was so cute and went up to me and said these nemos will look great in the living room! He kept talking about putting them in his old fishbowl and them looking so cute and pretty. I told the mom that clownfish are a saltwater fish and need a proper tank and just scoffed and said "they're just fish"

Some people are so ignorant. Just the other day me and my mom went to petco to buy some ghost shrimp, and in the checkout line there was this woman and a young kid (around 5 or 6) with a bag with several clownfish. He was so cute and went up to me and said these nemos will look great in the living room! He kept talking about putting them in his old fishbowl and them looking so cute and pretty. I told the mom that clownfish are a saltwater fish and need a proper tank and just scoffed and said "they're just fish"
That's horrible. Its heart breaking.

Omg that chameleon is at death's door... sad to say but he looked very weak... that guy will say later when he dies you were right... that's horrible, you tried to help but don't beat yourself up over it

Back
Top Bottom