Ups sux

Jeremy l

i hate ups, they always seem to put my shipments at other peoples doors. i have a cham coming in tomarrow ups red and i pray that he dosent ride around on the truck all day tomarrow ! ! !

well my cage came in today but i called ups and they said that the driver put it at my door and it was at 12:30, well it just so happens that i was at home at 12:30 and by no surprise no ups knock ! ! ! so i was able to get into contact with the driver and he said that he must have left it at a wrong house. big surprise ! ! ! this is not the first time this has happened. :mad:

Sounds like a UPS issue... I really think this is out of Mikes control. Maybe use Fed Ex next time...(if it's offered)...

Some times those Brown Trucks get a little lost...

It has happened to me more than once but thankfully only once with a cham shipment in the winter and not super hot. I was home waiting, checked the tracking, and it said DELIVERED! I was in a panic and since there are about 12 houses with the same house number as mine I drove around and on the 9th house I found it sitting on the porch! Watch the tracking!!!

Oh I definitely wasn't saying Mike could do anything, i was just wondering where he was getting it!

Put a sign on your door that says "KNOCK OR RING BELL". I always do that, for peace of mind, and because some of those guys are idiots. Also, I know this sounds dumb, but if your addy is hard to see, ok, don't laugh, make a frickin BANNER with your address and hang it on your door. You definitely don't want that little guy riding around in a truck all day.

What sort of a cham is it?

oh, i dont blame mike at all hes been great ! ! i know its all ups's fault they hire drivers that have the direction of a retarded homing pigion

It has happened to me more than once but thankfully only once with a cham shipment in the winter and not super hot. I was home waiting, checked the tracking, and it said DELIVERED! I was in a panic and since there are about 12 houses with the same house number as mine I drove around and on the 9th house I found it sitting on the porch! Watch the tracking!!!

Yikes! That makes me nervous for future UPS deliveries!

man!! FEDEX is no better!! Both of those companies have muffed up my shipments. Either delivering to the wrong house or bringing my packages all dented and full of holes! I wish there was a reliable service! Even the post office sucks! Now I must say, the post office is far worse than any other delivery service! I will be knocking on some wood for you!!

Oh I know you guys weren't blaming Mike... Just making sure no readers would get the wrong idea seeing his name attached to an error on UPS's part.

Shoot... I would probly park a lawn chair in my front yard and watch for the truck with my laptop in my lap on UPS tracking!

Oh I know you guys weren't blaming Mike... Just making sure no readers would get the wrong idea seeing his name attached to an error on UPS's part.

Shoot... I would probly park a lawn chair in my front yard and watch for the truck with my laptop in my lap on UPS tracking!

Thats a better idea than my banner. At least he wouldn't look like a psycho to his neighbors...

hey if they suck that bad, next time you get something shipped to you have it shipped "hold at ups distribution center for customer pickup"

you can find out where your ups is and go pick it up at 9 in the morning which is even better than 10 30, you can get your cham acclimated and feeding before it would have even go to your house in the first place

also maybe you should make a sign no joke lol like a realtor sign or something that is hot pink that says ups this house right here fockers

Nice...a Venting thread on UPS "U people Suck".

I've dealt with some companies that will only send via UPS. In one case I told the shipper I didn't want him to ship via UPS. The animal was a $1200 female Blue Tree monitor. In writing he guarenteed live arrival etc etc. The animal was sent to a whole different state and in short took 4 days to arrrive. It was quite dead and I got my $1200 back.

I have had other times where UPS has failed to make their 10:30am deadline. In talking to many other people it seems that UPS never makes the deadline. In speaking with a friend who has a relative working there it is apparently acceptable to not be on time since only a small percentage of people will bother to get the small amount owed them for failure to deliver on time.

I have never, not once, had UPS arrive ontime after paying extra for the package to arrive by 10:30am. I've used FedEx over the last 15 yrs and must just be lucky but they have never lost a package and have been early more than a few times with my packages. I'm buying a CB meller from Mike at the end of this month, I guess I'll have to let him know I want FedEx.

Nice...a Venting thread on UPS "U people Suck".

I have had other times where UPS has failed to make their 10:30am deadline. In talking to many other people it seems that UPS never makes the deadline. In speaking with a friend who has a relative working there it is apparently acceptable to not be on time since only a small percentage of people will bother to get the small amount owed them for failure to deliver on time.

Well you'd have to be canadien. and while I understand canada may not be considered rural, the area you live in probably doesn't get a high volume of parcel traffic which is why they don't make there 10 30 deadline

how ever, you ruined a pretty intelligent post, by saying a small percentage of people will bother to get the small amount owed to them...whoever told you this is wrong, I go to my computer at 1029 the day after I ship a chameleon, and when I press update, if its not delivered, I call UPS that minute because they do not refund a "small portion"

they refund your entire shipping fee which means you just banked an extra 50 bucks on your sale.

you paid for that package to be there by 1030, if its not there by 1030 it has no use to you, for all they are concerned you had to make a presentation at a local university and you couldn't because your package did not arrive on time.

If they try to tell you because you are in canada the 1030 time does not apply to you, maybe you should consider working out a deal with the person you are buying from, to let you put the shipping on your own credit card using a pickup or similar form method, that way shall you need to take matters into your own hands, you'll have all the legitimacy for your bank or credit company. Sellers also work under the same rules, which is why good business goes far, and shady people get so many disputes and chargeback penalties that it puts them out of business

ups is seriously one of the top 10 companies in the world and number 1 as far as i'm concerned . the company i work for ships hundreds of packages a week which really isn't a lot but it is for high end medical equipment, UPS has NEVER lost a package in 5 years i've been here. we have had a couple mixups, deliveries to the wrong address, delays for holiday, etc

I can't comment on canada because the only packages we ship there go by US mail, which sucks btw, and they aren't being overnighted.

if you are that worried about your ups package you should call a few times a day and talk to a rep about the status that way if it does get mixed up you can get it back on track and hopefully re routed as fast as possible

another thing i love about ups, say you ship and someones payment doesn't go through and you can't get ahold of them, or you do get ahold of them and they plan on not paying you because they know the box will get there first, which is always a situation you should try to avoid, they will reroute it back to you for free(which may not always be the best choice unless in close proximity as your cham may die on the way back if its not going to make the next morning deadline

20++ hours in a box is pushing it

just my 2 cents enjoy

oh yea and everyone complaining that its not getting there on time seriously hear these words

HAVE THEM SHIPPED TO YOUR LOCAL UPS ROUTING CENTER: HOLD FOR CUSTOMER PICKUP

find out where the nearest main office is to you(you know the one when you track your package it says it scanned out for delivery on truck, right before that

Whenever I get toys coming and I don't want to wait all day for jerkface driver to get to my house at 4 oclock, i have them shipped to my ups routing distribution center, and go pick them up at 9 am , it takes all of 5 minutes

then i come home and play with my toys until I'm bored with them. and when 4 oclock rolls around i laugh with glee

I go to my computer at 1029 the day after I ship a chameleon, and when I press update, if its not delivered, I call UPS that minute because they do not refund a "small portion"

UPS won't refund you at 10:31.... They won't refund you until it's delivered somewhere, even if it's the wrong address or 4 days later.

that may be but at least you get an idea of the nesc. claims and forms to make rolling early

and just so you know, ups may not refund your money that instant, but my account at the ups store has that taken off immediately and usually the package isn't that late arriving, and then they take it up with ups

either way if you look at it from a business standpoint, UPS has a very motivator there to get it there on time, and I'd imagine they do a great job 95 percent of the time

Back
Top Bottom