Update

i agree i would wash well then rinse them and maybe do a 5 or 10 percent bleach soak (restaurants do this for our dishes) thoroughly rinse and sun dry

Bleach doesnt kill it unfortunately
found this A study back in 1940 by Horton-Smith et al on ammonia concentrations for poultry farming showed that varying concentrations of ammonia and water killed coccidia oocysts over different durations. A 1% ammonia solution killed 100% of oocysts but it took 24 hours whereas a 10% solution only required 45 minutes.

and it said sunlight and steam also penetrate the cell wall...... or maybe easier you can cut and rotate branches from trees outdoors.... examine for bird poop first that was i've used for 30 years.

Need help, I'm looking at walmart for ammonia and this is all they have. Will it work?

Attachments

• 1612034284365875712134699517166.jpg
    1612034284365875712134699517166.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 67
Need help, I'm looking at walmart for ammonia and this is all they have. Will it work?
No this is not what you want.

You want 40 volume liquid peroxide... It is the developer that is used in bleaching hair.
If you have a Sallys beauty supply they sell to unlicensed people. So you can buy it there. Typically you can easily get the 32 ounce size but they do sell it in the gallon form as well.

You need to buy gloves and I would wear glasses... Get a spray bottle that you only use with this. Toss when your done and the coccidia is totally gone so you do not accidentally use it for water.

This is a very very strong product. Will burn exposed skin. So use caution.

No this is not what you want.

You want 40 volume liquid peroxide... It is the developer that is used in bleaching hair.
If you have a Sallys beauty supply they sell to unlicensed people. So you can buy it there. Typically you can easily get the 32 ounce size but they do sell it in the gallon form as well.

You need to buy gloves and I would wear glasses... Get a spray bottle that you only use with this. Toss when your done and the coccidia is totally gone so you do not accidentally use it for water.

This is a very very strong product. Will burn exposed skin. So use caution.
I was going to use 10% ammonia, I found it online at ace hardware, now I'm confused on what to use

I was going to use 10% ammonia, I found it online at ace hardware, now I'm confused on what to use
I would go read what @JacksJill posted. She has had hands on experience with actually dealing with this parasite.

Everyone that helped in my thread also recommended the 40 volume peroxide they too had to use it with cleaning.

I do not know anything about the ammonia or how you would use it. I went with the advice of those that had dealt with cleaning for it and what they used rather than others that had no experience with it.

I would go read what @JacksJill posted. She has had hands on experience with actually dealing with this parasite.

Everyone that helped in my thread also recommended the 40 volume peroxide they too had to use it with cleaning.

I do not know anything about the ammonia or how you would use it. I went with the advice of those that had dealt with cleaning for it and what they used rather than others that had no experience with it.
Is this it???

Attachments

• 16120374281358416227588326016352.jpg
    16120374281358416227588326016352.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom