Update

Coccidia is probably the worst common parasite any of us will have to deal with. Most species are species-specific, but not all, so I'd suggest wearing surgical gloves when handling or cleaning—but ask the vet.

Also ask the vet what to use for cleaning the enclosure—and how. Wood depends on whether it's finished or not; again, I'd ask the vet—they're used to dealing with this stuff.

My current service dog had it when we brought him home as a puppy. Vet called the breeder, who then had to deal with a much bigger problem than we did due to the number of dogs she had.

Short version, every pile resulted in a divot in the lawn.

Plastic plants are porous—I'd toss them.

My beared dragon came with Coccidia, puchased at Petco no surprise. A good sign of this is wet runny droppings and the strong smell that will fill up a room. My understanding is that it very difficult to get rid of because the treatment wipes out everything, even the good bacteria in their gut. I tired a different approach and did my own fecal test, injected feeder roaches with Reptaid (organic immune support) and managed a healthy clean enviorment and lifestyle. It has been under control, although not completely gone she is very healthy.

My beared dragon came with Coccidia, puchased at Petco no surprise. A good sign of this is wet runny droppings and the strong smell that will fill up a room. My understanding is that it very difficult to get rid of because the treatment wipes out everything, even the good bacteria in their gut. I tired a different approach and did my own fecal test, injected feeder roaches with Reptaid (organic immune support) and managed a healthy clean enviorment and lifestyle. It has been under control, although not completely gone she is very healthy.
Question how should chameleon poop 💩 smell like 😂 I feel stupid asking this but it’s a genuine question is it supposed to smell like doodoo or nothing?

Question how should chameleon poop 💩 smell like 😂 I feel stupid asking this but it’s a genuine question is it supposed to smell like doodoo or nothing?
It does not smell all that great anyways. Especially as they mature and take longer between passing it. But when there is coccidia it has a particularly nasty odor. You may see more mucous in the fecal as well. All around just gross. I have only had an experience with a cham with a high parasite load though. I am sure it presents a little differently if there is a low count.

It does not smell all that great anyways. Especially as they mature and take longer between passing it. But when there is coccidia it has a particularly nasty odor. You may see more mucous in the fecal as well. All around just gross. I have only had an experience with a cham with a high parasite load though. I am sure it presents a little differently if there is a low count.
If it smells then something is probably wrong
No my girl was fecal tested and everything was good! But her poop doesn’t smell horrible but it does have a smell and it’s not super great. So it should have an unpleasant smell just not super overload?

No my girl was fecal tested and everything was good! But her poop doesn’t smell horrible but it does have a smell and it’s not super great. So it should have an unpleasant smell just not super overload?
Well in my experience normal fecal does not smell like roses lol. I mean it is poop. They are not vegetarians so what they are passing is from insects. lol

So I have to give him this medicine every day for 7 days, I have to put it on a bug and get him to eat that bug, then in 14 days I'll get him checked for another fecal

What did they give you?
Wow I cant believe I didnt ask for the name. It just says a dewormer for coccidia, the veterinarian has many chameleons of her own and seemed to know what shes talking about. They are going to send me an email with recommendations on products to clean with and stuff bc she had to consult with another veterinarian she knew. It's this thick stuff I have to put on a bug or two every day for 7 days then they want me to do another fecal 7 days after that.

Coccidia is probably the worst common parasite any of us will have to deal with. Most species are species-specific, but not all, so I'd suggest wearing surgical gloves when handling or cleaning—but ask the vet.

Also ask the vet what to use for cleaning the enclosure—and how. Wood depends on whether it's finished or not; again, I'd ask the vet—they're used to dealing with this stuff.

My current service dog had it when we brought him home as a puppy. Vet called the breeder, who then had to deal with a much bigger problem than we did due to the number of dogs she had.

Short version, every pile resulted in a divot in the lawn.

Plastic plants are porous—I'd toss them.
Well I am tossing every thing I have now and replacing it with more fake plants that I need to clean every other day, I cant throw out plants every other day

Back
Top Bottom