UPDATE...and Im mad as h@%!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that experience. When I commented on it here once there was a bit of disbelief.

SonTigerPantherCham, definitely get all your friends involved. Don't tell them to avoid the store, tell them to go in. And complain loudly about the conditions of the chameleons. If you have a local vet for your chameleons, see if you can enlist both the doctor and the staff to go in and loudly offer their professional opinions on the hideous care they see.

I would suggest this before engaging in a campaign that could actually harm their business. Mom and Pop businesses need support if they are to remain available as an alternative to "big box" stores. You might even mention that to them after a few days of intervention. If you and your friends start trashing their rep online, it could do serious damage to their business.

we should all team up and do that..truthfully we all form like voltron and kick some ass!..lol but yeah the mom n pop shops are the best..personal, friendly, great deals..and i dont mind ordering things from them just to keep them local!

Some people only understand $, sadly it may take them killing them and losing some before they get the hint.
When i bought my cham from a pet store i had to work hard to convince them to let me buy it lol but it made me feel good that they care for the animal enough to do that.
i can see why pet stores get defensive when people come in all pushy like "ur doin it wrong!" but it sounds like you were being pretty level headed and helpful ...
I just got through killing my silks to! :mad: stupid worms, think i got them to hot sitting on top of my dubia container.

Some people only understand $, sadly it may take them killing them and losing some before they get the hint.
When i bought my cham from a pet store i had to work hard to convince them to let me buy it lol but it made me feel good that they care for the animal enough to do that.
i can see why pet stores get defensive when people come in all pushy like "ur doin it wrong!" but it sounds like you were being pretty level headed and helpful ...
I just got through killing my silks to! :mad: stupid worms, think i got them to hot sitting on top of my dubia container.

thats how i saw it..you went in, and politley suggested some tips and hints that you have found to be usefull and sucsessfull in the care and keep of healthy chameleons...they responded like beligerent asses!!

I doubt an online forum will change anything. You need to bring in credible (or at least what most people perceive credible) sources. Bring in your husbandry books, bring in published things, Scientific journals, etc. I mean, the books are just laying around anyways, so why not grab them on the way out.

@drew we fail. XD their just much harder to take care of than like my hornworms.... these guys will live through anything XD

I doubt an online forum will change anything. You need to bring in credible (or at least what most people perceive credible) sources. Bring in your husbandry books, bring in published things, Scientific journals, etc. I mean, the books are just laying around anyways, so why not grab them on the way out.

matter of fact if they sell chameleon books..beat the crap out of them with one..when they cant open their ignorant mouths, or move at all, they will have some free time to read them!!!

( a lil brutal, but sometimes you have to beat the crap out of a bully..after that they learn)...

omg Sdheli that made me laugh XDXD I know how u feel though.... we cant rid the world of these guys no matter how much we try.

omg Sdheli that made me laugh XDXD I know how u feel though.... we cant rid the world of these guys no matter how much we try.

and what sucks is if all uf us here had these chams that all these pet stores destroy (destroy, i mean kill)..we could probably change chameleons (well captive bred specimens) like how they do pit bulls or whatever..for instance the "special" veileds that have recently started popping up..it would be cool if they where easy..but hey..only so many of us can do this..some can learn, cope, adjust, then master as we all have (im thinking of somthing random like the seals, when they do "hell week" 100 go in, only 30 survive and make it..lol

we are the best of the best(im no master, but i do know what i know when it comes to free range, pain in the ass but rewarding if you have time to be in the same cage(room) with your chams all day everyday.

I actually think an online attack could kill the business. Don't most of us check out stores online before we go now? If the reviews are mostly negative with comments like "killing the chameleons" that would stop me from going.

That's why I suggest bringing people into the store to make a scene. Especially people who can lay down business cards that say they come from a vet's office or a reptile rescue group...that's what needs to happen. They've decided they aren't listening to SonTigerPantherCham. At this point, he could probably bring in the Bible and point to a verse that deals with the proper care of chameleons (there is no such thing, I made that up) and they would ignore him.

I totally agree heli! I am hoping once I move out I can try doing a free range....if that doesnt work out so well I will most definitely donate a room just to the chameleons and nothing else. I believe these guys deserve nothing but the best especially being that they dont get to be in the wild and on their own so I have to do the best I can to make sure they are getting exactly what they would be getting in their natural home. Ya I know I dont have the years of experience that some of the guys and girls on this site have but I do know I care enough to do as much research as I can and make sure Im providing for my chams so they can be healthy.

I hate to hear this. Instead of buying the chameleons, can you use that money to take out a full page ad against them? I'm not a lawyer so make sure they dont sue you for defamation of character or libel! You can always tell them you'll use social media to get the word out and even threaten to use a full page newspaper ad. Could get national attention, you never know.

I want to thank everyone for all the support, at least I don't feel I am losing my marbles with this. Although it is sad to hear its not uncommon.
im worried damage has been done to the 2 youngsters, but there might still be hope for the 1.5 yo
Going to bring in additional reading materials, talk to the vet, ask some friends, any he'll, probably end up offering to buy the adult cause he is amazingly friendly!. Walks right onto my hand and doesn't even know me
thank you again, it means more to me than you'll know

You could give us their phone number and we can have their phones ringing off the hook with complaints!

Goodluck Son I really hope you are able to make a difference. Everyone of these shop owners need to realize how cruel it is. It would be the same concepts of putting us in a little bitty box and making us live in terrible conditions.

Goodluck Son I really hope you are able to make a difference. Everyone of these shop owners need to realize how cruel it is. It would be the same concepts of putting us in a little bitty box and making us live in terrible conditions.
Yeah, they are defo not terrorist Chams, why send them to Guantanamo? I sometime wish more chams were available easily in the uk, but this would happen. Both pet shops that are near me have very good conditions, for a store...

Ya I have seen shops that take decently care of their animals... but it almost always seems the bigger the petshop is and the ones as chains dont take care of their animals too well. you would think.... the more people workign in a store would give more effort but it works backwards.... The closest little mom and pop store to me they do a decent job just price their stuff outrageous being their the only store within 45 minutes both ways?

this just breaks my heart :( im with melric on the phone calling to complain and i live in canada for god sakes,it would cost me a fortune but hey...im willing!! just have to change my ph plan i guess lol..i have friends who would call too!! now im gonna have sleepless nights worrying about them too..you could always wait around the corner for her to come out after buis hrs and kidnap her and hold her hostage till she reads all the info on proper husbandry then let her go in time to open her store and make changes lmao ;) kidding of course but......lol

Oh no, I meant that an online forum wouldn't change their mind. We are, after all, just a bunch of people who get together online.

I hate to hear this. Instead of buying the chameleons, can you use that money to take out a full page ad against them? I'm not a lawyer so make sure they dont sue you for defamation of character or libel! You can always tell them you'll use social media to get the word out and even threaten to use a full page newspaper ad. Could get national attention, you never know.

You could give us their phone number and we can have their phones ringing off the hook with complaints!

Proceed with extreme care. I strongly suggest consulting a lawyer before engaging in any practices which could be detrimental to their business, like publishing their phone number and inciting people to disrupt their business or publishing an ad that criticizes the store. I'm not saying it isn't possible to do these things, just make sure you are legally in the clear before you do it.

Back
Top Bottom