Underweight?

sarahdjango

I cant actually weigh my chameleon, but i am a little worried he is not growing? Could anyone provide me with guidelines for generally how big a male veiled chameleon should be, and how much to feed him with each size> i did not want to feed him too much when he was a baby because i didnt want to give him MBD but i'm starting to think I didnt feed him enough??

I don't have experience with Veiled so I won't be able to tell you where he should be for his age but for all my little ones (under 1 year) I let them eat as much as they want to.

I cant actually weigh my chameleon, but i am a little worried he is not growing? Could anyone provide me with guidelines for generally how big a male veiled chameleon should be, and how much to feed him with each size> i did not want to feed him too much when he was a baby because i didnt want to give him MBD but i'm starting to think I didnt feed him enough??

Feeding a chameleon in excess is not what causes MBD. It is caused by lack of calcium in the diet and uvb rays or a combination of both. How much were you and are you feeding him?? How old is he? Post some pics of him and something in the pic to compare his size to. Some chameleons are just smaller than others.

Back
Top Bottom