UNderground Reptiles

Harry II came from lll after Harry I died from backwater reptiles... They even sent pics because i wanted a male.

Any body offering large varieties like that are going to be so so at best. It is just too difficult to provide for that many species cost effectively.

At the same time I understand when it is the only place you are finding something. I know we push captive bread but we also know sometimes it is not a viable option.

Search for breeders if you can, but if it is something hard to find, just know what you are buying and be willing to accept the risks.

What people fail to remember is what their business is. They mostly deal with imports or buying wholesale from breeders that want to get rid of whole clutches quickly.

When dealing with WC, they want to get them out as soon as possible- giving them a return on their money as soon as possible. The longer they keep them, the less profit they’re bringing in.

In regards to the thread referenced earlier in this thread- I am NOT saying that is that person’s fault the animal died. However, to completely blame Underground Reptiles is ludicrous. There were things that could have been done on both sides to prevent it

You (anyone) can be very successful with animals coming from Underground Reptiles, but you can also have some difficulties.

Of course, the suggestion here would be to avoid unless they have something that you just cannot pass up and to find a breeder that has the species you’re looking for.

This is all just my 2 cents, and I’m sure many are going to get heated over my response.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. I didn't know their Chameleon was Wild Caught and when I wanted to cancel the order they refused. I was concerned the WC chameleon wouldn't be in good health or would have lots of parasites, they told me "he is in good health and we check for external parasites". I made a vet app, but he didn't make it that far, 5 days later he passed. They wouldn't take any responsibility, they wouldn't even ask me the conditions I had him in. They just offered a "discount" for a new purchase, but I won't be buying more animals from them because clearly they are only interested in sales and not the wellbeing of the animals. Highy unethical.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. I didn't know their Chameleon was Wild Caught and when I wanted to cancel the order they refused. I was concerned the WC chameleon wouldn't be in good health or would have lots of parasites, they told me "he is in good health and we check for external parasites". I made a vet app, but he didn't make it that far, 5 days later he passed. They wouldn't take any responsibility, they wouldn't even ask me the conditions I had him in. They just offered a "discount" for a new purchase, but I won't be buying more animals from them because clearly they are only interested in sales and not the wellbeing of the animals. Highy unethical.

What "external" parasites do Chameleons get that are worth checking for? All the ones I'm familiar with are internal - coccidia, pinworms - and require a fecal test. They have scales so it's not like fleas are an issue. Could mites even be an issue? Just feels duplicitous to say they check for external parasites if that's not even a health concerns for Chameleons.

I've had shipping problems
I mostly get snakes from them, CB.
I did have a Jackson Died due to shipping problems, Not their fault But UPS, yes they use UPS
They did refund my money

I don't like doing business with places that make profit the main priority in regards to animals. YES profit is super important and I'm totally okay with trying to make money breeding, selling wc's, etc. My issue is when it overshadows the well being and there is an obvious lack of interest in what happens after the animal is sold.

Back
Top Bottom