Ummm?

1004171024.jpg
1004171024.jpg
What is this coming out of his butt and how can i get rid of it.

I was hoping it wouldnt be that bad. It looks painful to him. I dont have a vet around me that i can go to for reptiles. Could it be a plug by chance?

Partial prolapse. Try a warm soak. Sometimes they can go back in on their own. If not you'll need a vet and antibiotics. Don't pull on it.

Ill do the soak. Hes had it before but i think it was a sperm plug then. But like i said i dont have a vet around my area. If it dont go back in is there any other suggestions i can use?

You can use KY or something similar that is water based to keep the tissue from drying out. The pic is blurry but it could be a sperm plug and the irritated tissue around it. If the center part looks waxy it could be a sperm plug.

Lube on my chameleon? It doesnt look anything like a prolapse that was in the article. Ill get a better picture. It might be a plug

The prolapse I. The article photos show a hemipene prolapse.
There are intestinal ones and hemipene ones in male chameleons.

I ran a bath soak and put some sugar in it to see if that helps. Its like a dark brown lump with a cream like tip i touched it and its hard feeling. I really neeed to get this figured out before it ends up being bad on him.

Don't pull on it. Get him to the vet, any vet is better than none. That tissue is starting to die. The longer you wait the worse it will be.
They can mask him down with isoflourane and try to reduce it. Small animal vets deal with prolapse in kittens all the time.

Back
Top Bottom