Uh, oh....

I thought vampire crabs needed a water area?

I'm not quite on the level to build paludariums though that is something I need to start doing.

They do for molting, but are among some of the only crabs that don't need saltwater. Seems to be debate on whether they need a large filtered water section(I've heard ozone recommended too) or enough to submerge. Crabs in general need good water quality, when I do it, I'm going all out on filtration.

They do for molting, but are among some of the only crabs that don't need saltwater. Seems to be debate on whether they need a large filtered water section(I've heard ozone recommended too) or enough to submerge. Crabs in general need good water quality, when I do it, I'm going all out on filtration.
I’ve always been interested in vampire crabs! Do you have/had any or this a future dream pet?

Finally complete, added a ficus elastica, and random pothos cutting that isn't pictured, to the enclosure. It's finally dine, now we wait.
0303210730~2.jpg

0303210729b.jpg

Left side(Basking area)
0303210729a.jpg

Right side
0303210729.jpg

Well change of plans, I had originally been looking for jeweled curly tail lizards buy after a year of looking I gave up.

However I now have a bioactive setup for one of my favorite snake species, pantherophis obsoletus.

I had ordered one, but the breeder sent me two, so I have a brother and sister, they will not be cohabiting for obvious reasons.

Introducing Sweet Pea: (F)
0818211100c~2.jpg

0818211101~2.jpg

Here she is exploring.
0818211124a.jpg

You can see her brother watching me take the photo.

The male
0818211109a~2.jpg

Im currently looking into a fiancee for him, she's three years older, we will see how that works. Still waiting to see if it works out.

With niche species you kind of have to snap them up whether your ready or not.

Beautiful snakes! I wish I could get over my ‘thing’ with their diets and get a snake. I’d cry horribly every time I had to feed it…yes, even frozen mice. :(

Conversely thats why I can't keep vine, or other lizard eating snakes.

Anyways the female black rat snake i was going to get for my male got sold, understandably so, as she was stunning. Oh well, I have plenty of time.

Back
Top Bottom