Ugh!! Ordered a reptibreeze XL on sale

I now have all my plant pots up on top of upside down plant pots and I got my IV tubing in so I replaced that hard black plastic tubing on my dripper with that and the regulator on that works so much better! Next I have to go find floral wire (dollar tree) and dowel rods or trellis hopefully at Lowe’s. I’m going to look for more plants as well. I can hang them from a trellis if I find one. Oh and instead of adding legs onto my enclosure to get it up above the water in the drainage tray I used these big plz pieces that look like a round thing with a tube, all one piece. They work perfectly! Hopefully they’re tall enough but the drainage tray is only like 1 1/2 - 2 inches deep. You think that’s deep enough? I have no idea how much water the mist king will make. I’ll post more pictures as I get it done.

Ok here’s today’s pictures with the new plastic lattice on the sides and his branches zip tied to them. I have two new small plants to hang in there to but haven’t put them in yet.

Ok here’s today’s pictures with the new plastic lattice on the sides and his branches zip tied to them. I have two new small plants to hang in there to but haven’t put them in yet.
Did you try to attach photos? They don’t appear to be showing :( ( you‘ll have to forgive me, I’m excited to see how you used lattice in Eustis’s cage 😁)

there ya go. He’s basking here. I was gone for an hour or so and when I got home there he was.

Attachments

• F26592C3-EE67-4D68-9F95-BAD0789E8C6D.jpeg
    F26592C3-EE67-4D68-9F95-BAD0789E8C6D.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 335453A9-70A0-475E-8DC4-E75178F5A156.jpeg
    335453A9-70A0-475E-8DC4-E75178F5A156.jpeg
    580.8 KB · Views: 93
there ya go. He’s basking here. I was gone for an hour or so and when I got home there he was.

looking great!! Did you attach the lattice to the cage somehow, or did you just put the pieces in against each side of the screen? I ask because I’m thinking I’d still like to use garden lattice as well 🤔

Planet remulak I did use some twisting ties to connect them to the screen sides but just in one place on each side and just to keep them against the sides.

tige21v. Yes I will get some branches up higher. I’m a slow mover here but I will get it all done. :)

Today I need to tackle the mist king as it’s still in its box! I just have this fear of water going everywhere or it floods over the sides of my drainage tray and getting on the carpet. My apartment manager wouldn’t like that!

Today I need to tackle the mist king as it’s still in its box! I just have this fear of water going everywhere or it floods over the sides of my drainage tray and getting on the carpet. My apartment manager wouldn’t like that!

Entirely understandable. I‘m considering seeing if Home Depot has sheets of corrugated plastic to cover the sides and back of the cage with. I’ve seen cham keepers set a towel down on the floor right in front of the cage and stand it’s on, too.

I’m in practically the same position you are! Still have the MistKing starter kit in the box.. It just seems so intimidating.

Came in yesterday. The box was a mess! It looks like this box has been around for a while and very worn out. It was also torn, taped shut, etc. i opened it up and put the cage together and found ripped screen, stressed screen, a bent place in the door frame, and a peg that you latch the door to missing. Called petco spoke to supervisor and she was very apologetic and refunded 53.00 back to me as well as gave me a 20.00 pals reward credit for my next purchase! They were going to have me take the cage back to their local store but they didn’t have anymore of these enclosures in stock online to send to me. So anyway, after all is said and done, I only paid maybe 17.00 for this enclosure and it’s totally fixable so I will repair it and use it for Eustis my Jackson’s Cham because he’s in a smaller enclosure. Sometimes being the squeaky wheel pays off! Lol!
Who did you call cus i am in the same situation

Thompson I went to petco.com and found a number to call and then asked to speak to a supervisor because the girl who first answered couldn’t do anything for me except to tell me to send it back.

Planet remulak did you know you have to buy a bucket or something with a lid to use as your water holder? It doesn’t all come in the box.

Thank you so much for keeping me in mind, @Lindasjackson! So I actually sort of found out about that little detail at the last minute (when I was trying to figure out whether to go with an ExoTerra Monsoon Solo II, an off brand automatic mister I found on OfferUp or an actual MistKing). I’m just using a large Chex mix container, but it isn’t anything special. It doesn’t even hold two gallons, but I’m not too worried as I’ll only be misting one cham 🙂

I didn’t know. I was going to set it up this evening and found out when I was reading instructions!🤪

I feel that! I quickly came to the realization with my first chameleon (I had a veiled cham YEARS ago) that one thing almost always calls for another when keeping one of these little guys in your house 😂

Back
Top Bottom