Ugh!! Ordered a reptibreeze XL on sale

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Came in yesterday. The box was a mess! It looks like this box has been around for a while and very worn out. It was also torn, taped shut, etc. i opened it up and put the cage together and found ripped screen, stressed screen, a bent place in the door frame, and a peg that you latch the door to missing. Called petco spoke to supervisor and she was very apologetic and refunded 53.00 back to me as well as gave me a 20.00 pals reward credit for my next purchase! They were going to have me take the cage back to their local store but they didn’t have anymore of these enclosures in stock online to send to me. So anyway, after all is said and done, I only paid maybe 17.00 for this enclosure and it’s totally fixable so I will repair it and use it for Eustis my Jackson’s Cham because he’s in a smaller enclosure. Sometimes being the squeaky wheel pays off! Lol!

Yep and Eustis is in a new, HUGE enclosure! He didn’t like the move because he’d just gone to sleep but he’s okay now. Now I have to go to Walmart and get another shower curtain so it will fit all the way around to protect everything then set I’m my mist king and everything else!

I think I will wait til tomorrow to set the rest of the things up because I don’t want to disturb him again tonight. He’s sleeping now. He will have to make do. I just hope I can get his temp down within range and humidity up!

Mine arrived last week and I didn’t open to check them until after reading your post. Thankfully although the boxes have seen better days, the enclosures seem to be intact.
Thank God Seinfeld GIF by HULU

Wait until you start putting them together, that’s when I found all the problems. I hope that yours are perfect though! These must have been old stock they found somewhere and decided to sell them off cheap.

Now I’m in a dillema because my plants only reach about half way up the enclosure. I don’t know how he’s going to bask when he can’t even get up into the top half of his enclosure. I’ll have to go hunting for plants and branches again.

Now I’m in a dillema because my plants only reach about half way up the enclosure. I don’t know how he’s going to bask when he can’t even get up into the top half of his enclosure. I’ll have to go hunting for plants and branches again.
Could you put a bin or a pot or something upside down and put plants on that to raise the height?

These damages happen in shipping, not by the company in 99% of cases. I can't stress enough how bad warehouses are on boxes. If you care about what you're shipping, reinforce it heavily!

I ordered the same cage from the same place and was actuallyshocked to find that everything was in mostly good condition. Found one tiny hole in the screen along the edge, but I figure it can be covered up or maybe patched with hot glue. So sorry yours came in such rough shape! I’m glad everything mostly worked out and you‘ll still be able to use the cage. You can mount branches horizontally over the tops of your plants for basking! Thumb tacks can be used to hold them in place without tearing up the screen.

Thanks everyone! I’m glad your cage was ok planet remulak! Here is a picture of everything so far. Obviously I still have a lot to do. Eustis looks lost in such a huge enclosure! I was able to get the humidity above 80% and the temps down to 68 last night which wasn’t perfect but a lot better than it was.

Attachments

• 14A3888C-F39F-47CE-BE3F-D71B045BE248.jpeg
    14A3888C-F39F-47CE-BE3F-D71B045BE248.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 101
To get some branches up higher, create vertical anchor points. Use straight branches, or dowel rods. Florist wire works well to the it to the screen.
As long as you don't go and try to hang a flower pot from them, it is more than strong enough for your branches/vines
Pics are worth a thousand words

Attachments

• 20210701_070932.jpg
    20210701_070932.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 20210701_070936.jpg
    20210701_070936.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 20210701_070949.jpg
    20210701_070949.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 20210701_071008.jpg
    20210701_071008.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 20210701_070942.jpg
    20210701_070942.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 20210701_071020.jpg
    20210701_071020.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 92
To get some branches up higher, create vertical anchor points. Use straight branches, or dowel rods. Florist wire works well to the it to the screen.
As long as you don't go and try to hang a flower pot from them, it is more than strong enough for your branches/vines
Pics are worth a thousand words
Oof I wish I would of saw this before I did mine lol I poked tiny tiny holes where my sticks go to put zipties

I did similar with the enclosure I set up for outside time, but I attached to the frame corners instead of screen. It just gets a little tricky by the door as you need to make sure the door will close fully and unimpeded.

Back
Top Bottom