Ugh!! Just pisses me off!!

AROWANA MAN

Well I got a call from my parents in Hawaii and they told me my Jackson chameleon, Winfrey, has a absess on the left side of his jaw by the joint, and heres the part that pisses me off I asked them to take him to the vet and they told me to forget about him if he dies and they'll replace him.:mad:

It's hard to replace a chameleon that you've had for almost 2 years and they say it as if he means nothing, like an old pair of shoes. F@$&king pisses me off that they think like that, I mean what if their dog falls ill likely they'll take it to the vet and they make like a dog is more important than a little and helpless chameleon!? I beg to differ!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Your parents have a disgusting attitude sadly:(
It sounds like your chameleon will need to go to see a vet as his problem is unlikely to take care of itself. I hope you let your parents know how unacceptable you think their attitude is. I would ring them again and make them take him to see a vet or as Jann says get someone else to take him.

Easily treated, with antibiotics and swabbing. Any chance you can have your Cham treated by a vet? It's such a normal thing to treat. Sounds like an infection. We've had to deal with it and with treatment, the cham is fine in no time. Please have your folks read this. The vet visit in the US is usually around 55.00 dollars plus the cost of the antibiotics which is 25.00 or less.

Parents:
Please don't ignore this Chams needs. Replacing him or her is like a death sentence to the Cham. They are so special on an individual level...like one of your own children to a Cham owner. It's not a lot of money. If you need assistance, Phil and I will help with the money.

Cheers,
Phil and Deb
PM us if you need help.

So, you calmly explain that even though they dont share your veiws on the subject, the lizard means as much to you as you do to them. Ask them to take the lizard to a vet if only for your sake, and ofcourse, offer to reimburse their expenses.
Im sure once they understand you dont share their thinking, and will be unhappy if the animal dies, they will take it, if only to humour you.
If they do, be sure to thank them, tell them you appreciate the guesture, and tell them you love them.

A chameleon can be replaced, but your parents cannot and they wont be around forever.
Forgive them their differences.
best wishes :)

P.S Deb/Phil, you guys blow me away with your kindness, the world needs more Debs/phils ! Bless you both :)

I agree with Joe.

Not knowing your unique situation, it seems to me to be an opportunity for your family to come together in support and cooperation.

Surely there is more to your parents response than simple apathy. Maybe they fear handling the cham or maybe they don't feel it is their responsibility to care of your animal.

Whatever their reasons, you need your parents help and cooperation. Getting angry about their feelings is unlikely to net you satisfactory results.

Good Luck with it all!

So, you calmly explain that even though they dont share your veiws on the subject, the lizard means as much to you as you do to them. Ask them to take the lizard to a vet if only for your sake, and ofcourse, offer to reimburse their expenses.
Im sure once they understand you dont share their thinking, and will be unhappy if the animal dies, they will take it, if only to humour you.
If they do, be sure to thank them, tell them you appreciate the guesture, and tell them you love them.

A chameleon can be replaced, but your parents cannot and they wont be around forever.
Forgive them their differences.
best wishes :)

P.S Deb/Phil, you guys blow me away with your kindness, the world needs more Debs/phils ! Bless you both :)

I am with you Deb & Phil are just incredable.:D

I too agree Phil and Deb are very generous in offering to help financially. Thank god for such kind people in this world:)

hah......well I'm asking everyone I know even relatives and old co workers and I'm getting the same response, " What for, just get a new one." I am devastated and disappointed at this I don't know what to do anymore.:(

hah......well I'm asking everyone I know even relatives and old co workers and I'm getting the same response, " What for, just get a new one." I am devastated and disappointed at this I don't know what to do anymore.:(

well. at least you have a great upcomming reply for when a relative gets sick..."what? your wife has an absess on her face? why take her to the doctor, just get a new wife!!!!". :eek::p:eek:

Harry

well. at least you have a great upcomming reply for when a relative gets sick..."what? your wife has an absess on her face? why take her to the doctor, just get a new wife!!!!". :eek::p:eek:

Harry

Wow didn't expect that but I think I might have someone who can do it. Thank you cousin Ian you're a life saver.:eek:

That's very upsetting to hear, Im so sorry. Philanddeb818 had a good point with the easy swabbing. Perhaps you can get some one to do that for you if they refuse to go to the vet. Thats awful to hear a relative so close would treat you and your cham like that:(

Start a new thread looking for HI member......I've seen several on here. I bet they would be willing to take him to the vet for you.

This really sucks man, your parents should respect your animals just as much as they would respect theirs, doesn't matter if it's a dog or cat or whatever.

It really pisses me off if people ask me for help with their chameleon or other reptile and when i say they have to go to a vet it's like: Well a vet costs met just as much as the animal itself so i'll just buy a new one when i dies'
How cruel is that??!! Every animal, no matter what size or price, is a living being who needs to be taken care of. If it dies of a natural cause it's something different but if it's sick and you have the choice to help the animal you ahve to if you have a heart...

This really sucks man, your parents should respect your animals just as much as they would respect theirs, doesn't matter if it's a dog or cat or whatever.

It really pisses me off if people ask me for help with their chameleon or other reptile and when i say they have to go to a vet it's like: Well a vet costs met just as much as the animal itself so i'll just buy a new one when i dies'
How cruel is that??!! Every animal, no matter what size or price, is a living being who needs to be taken care of. If it dies of a natural cause it's something different but if it's sick and you have the choice to help the animal you ahve to if you have a heart...

true man they treated my my fish like as if they didn't exist and when I came down during the summer my fish were in bad condition and that my cichla azul ( I paid $500 for it) was missing and they told me it died and replaced it w/ a koi that probably cost $8.00. How the hell do you replace something that cost an arm and leg?

(Continued from last post)
As I was saying how do you replace something that is rare to see in Hawaii? Thats why all my fish and chameleons are going with my cousin to his place. Only if people could see it through our eyes then they would understand

I know exactly what you are describing when you say in the corner jaw joint. There are pockets there where bits of insect etc. can become lodged and get infected . The little pockets need to be cleaned out than rinsed with either hydrogen peroxide or providone iodine . It turns to a form of stomatitus which needs to be treated asap if left alone the infection will eat right through the jaw bone. After cleaning and rinsing i used reptiaid with great success i was skeptical about that stuff but i can tell you it works!!!

Your cousin needs to take control of this situation asap. Sounds like he will need to treat the chameleon himself after taking him to the vets. Lets hope this problem doesn't turn into mouth rot - I lost a chameleon to this awful disease.

(Continued from last post)
As I was saying how do you replace something that is rare to see in Hawaii? Thats why all my fish and chameleons are going with my cousin to his place. Only if people could see it through our eyes then they would understand

You're right, it's not just all about worth or wether it's rarely seen, it's about a living creature where you decide for that it should die while it could be threated. Now it's just suffering. you can't just replace any animal, from the moment you buy one or get one it's special.It's not some package of milk you buy in the supermarket. Unfortunatly a lot of people treat living creatures like this though.

Back
Top Bottom