ugh -.- how can i make something sell?

amanda509

i hate posting in the morning cuz theres barely anyone on..but im in desperate need of help on how to sell something...ive been trying for 2 months to sell my bass guitar, the amp, the case, and stand for $200 which is dirt cheap for a package! i paid $250 originally for the bass and amp themselves...but i havent had one inquiry about it..not a single questions, nothing! i need to sell it by the end of march because im short on cash for my insurance payment...and if i cant make it, i wont be happy...

Sounds to me like you might have to drop the price a little more. Sometimes it takes awhile. Even toss in OBO in there and it might help

Are you using CL? Or if there is a local guitar shop see if theyll let you post a flyer. Putting obo on the ad may help you get some offers in before times up

Sounds to me like you might have to drop the price a little more. Sometimes it takes awhile. Even toss in OBO in there and it might help
i cant drop the price too much more or ill be cheated out what i paid for it..i seriously played it like twice, replaced the strings and all sorts of stuff...but i will throw in obo..but if anyone throws in crappy offers imma be pissed -.-

Are you using CL? Or if there is a local guitar shop see if theyll let you post a flyer. Putting obo on the ad may help you get some offers in before times up
its on cl and pennswoods, and all over facebook -.- but i will put in obo..

Take your bass and amp, go sit on the street and jam, with a hat in front of you. People will make your insurance payment for you...

Bummer you have to sell your music gear:( Id have to find something different to sell. I could never let go of my gear!!!

Maybe post it in a music shop where they give lessons. They may sell it for you for a small cut.

I agree with Solid though. Get on the corner and start playing that thing!! Might want to build a fire though:p

i cant drop the price too much more or ill be cheated out what i paid for it..i seriously played it like twice, replaced the strings and all sorts of stuff...but i will throw in obo..but if anyone throws in crappy offers imma be pissed -.-

The thing is though that i've noticed about selling things.. People dont care if it was only used twice, or a hundred times. used is used and usually sells cheap. It sucks.. but thats just the way its been for me

Take your bass and amp, go sit on the street and jam, with a hat in front of you. People will make your insurance payment for you...

lol in a range of below zero-60 degree weather any given day here in pa? with nowhere to plug it in? that will go over well :p

i cant ship..burnt the box and will not spend money for a new one or shipping, or the hassle of it :/

You can go get an estimate on shipping and add it to the cost. UPS is expensive but you can just take the stuff there, fork out and they do everything else.

I agree, eBay is probably your best advertising chance. I recently attempted to sell my old Lego train collection at a garage sale/CL/etc for 200 bucks, with no luck. Finally took the ~15 minutes to set up an auction on eBay and made over 800 on the lot ($580 dollars for some lego track, I knew it was worth a pretty penny but dang...)

Case in point, eBay is your best bet because people are going to search what they are looking for. I would recommend a relatively low starting price (20 or 30 bucks) and put a reserve price on it. Bidders can't see the reserve and item wont sell til it hits the reserve. This is what I did for the legos, and with the reserve price and extra photos I think I paid a grand total of $2.00 to eBay. Low starting price gives people hope, and encourages people to follow the auction!!! (eBay can make you feel evil)

Only drawback is the 9% eBay takes, but thats out of the total price the buyer pays to you (i.e. item and shipping). I think people will generally understand a hefty shipping price on a guitar, so posting the full price isn't necessarily going to kill your chances.

Hope that helps. PM me if you have any further ebay questions, but this is the way I would go!

You can go get an estimate on shipping and add it to the cost. UPS is expensive but you can just take the stuff there, fork out and they do everything else.

I agree, eBay is probably your best advertising chance. I recently attempted to sell my old Lego train collection at a garage sale/CL/etc for 200 bucks, with no luck. Finally took the ~15 minutes to set up an auction on eBay and made over 800 on the lot ($580 dollars for some lego track, I knew it was worth a pretty penny but dang...)

Case in point, eBay is your best bet because people are going to search what they are looking for. I would recommend a relatively low starting price (20 or 30 bucks) and put a reserve price on it. Bidders can't see the reserve and item wont sell til it hits the reserve. This is what I did for the legos, and with the reserve price and extra photos I think I paid a grand total of $2.00 to eBay. Low starting price gives people hope, and encourages people to follow the auction!!! (eBay can make you feel evil)

Only drawback is the 9% eBay takes, but thats out of the total price the buyer pays to you (i.e. item and shipping). I think people will generally understand a hefty shipping price on a guitar, so posting the full price isn't necessarily going to kill your chances.

Hope that helps. PM me if you have any further ebay questions, but this is the way I would go!

i think its just one giant hassle for something as big as a bass set..but id give it a go if i had a paypal, im only 17 and asking my parents to do something like that for me is like pulling teeth -.-

Let's see if I can help. Try Craigslist, Ebay, Amazon, and look for music forums. Take macro photos and rave about the great things about your products. Hope this helps! - Tom

Oh yeah, pawn shops too, but they will low ball you. They have to make $ of course. You could also donate to a school and use the donation as a tax write off next tax season.

Yeah, keep re-listing on CL, or you can list on Ebay for local pickup only.List in towns near you also.Unfortunately, like sticktongue said, people don't care how much it has been used, they will usually just buy new if the price is not a lot less. It would be different if it was a WAL bass, but everyday gear does not hold the same value used. GLWS

If you have a bank account you can use it for paypal. eBay seriously is your best bet to make the money you want. Used is used like others have said.

Back
Top Bottom