Looking to rehome female veiled approx 6-months old

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeperbee

Hello everyone. I'm feeling genuinely terrible about this. I brought home a veiled chameleon as my first "larger" lizard, I had anoles growing up. I had been interested in it for some time, but hadn't done much of the reading. I went into a store to look at some of the birds actually to find my budgies a companion since on of them passed a couple months ago and ended up walking out with the lizard instead. She's in good health from what they told me, and from what I was able to read in these forums. The person at the store was an avid lizard owner themselves and would use their personal equipment to make sure the lizards survived and were healthy. She was in such a tiny enclosure and since I had been considering it and am experienced with a variety of pet types, I thought why not? Well, I realized I made a rash decision and I feel like garbage coming to this and trying to rehome her, but I'm just too busy to handle it and will be moving in 6 months out of the state - and moving alone nonethless - which will complicate things considerably. I spent a ton making sure I bought and set up everything that was recommended, but I'm unfit for this. I want to make this right, and find her somewhere to go where she can flourish. I've been worried sick each day that she isn't going to eat or drink (so far so good) or if I get stuck from weather somewhere on one of my work trips or school interviews and won't be able to get back in time to refill the reptirain or something. I'm sorry this is such a long paragraph, but I want to make it right. I have birds and I know what it's like to see people adopt parrots who have no idea what they're doing and end up slowly hurting the animal with bad diets and environments. I've since read up, and it'll be nearly impossible for me to give this veiled the gold standard it needs. I've thought a lot about how I could try and make it work in the long-term, and it's just not sustainable in my current and unpredictable living situation. I want to do right by this, and I'm sorry.

As for the details, I've included photos of the enclosure and her. I'm willing to part with everything for $400, or potentially less - we can talk about it. I paid roughly $700 for everything including the lights, reptirain, the foliage, dirt, moss, calcium, crickets, wood pieces, and enclosure. You could even pick and choose stuff and we'll go from there, I imagine a lot of you have plenty of these things in your setups. I live in Boston, MA and I do not own a car but I can borrow a friend's on a weekend. I'm not willing to ship, it's far too cold and with holiday season packages are not treated kindly no matter what is said on them.

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 64
  • lizard 2.jpg
    lizard 2.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 66
  • lizard.jpg
    lizard.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 68
  • set up.jpg
    set up.jpg