TXTR-LITE panels - with photos

Lathis

Chameleon Enthusiast
A few people had asked me about the TXTR-LITE panels I had mentioned in other posts. I just bought new panels, and they arrived today, so I snapped a few photos. I am going to use these as backdrops for the giant enclosure I built (https://www.chameleonforums.com/thank-goodness-9-ft-ceilings-111618/).

I bought 3 Terra Red panels with minor imperfections ($18 each plus shipping). The panels are 2'x4', and the "terra red" stone looks to be red slate, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

One panel has a noticeable imperfection - the manufacturer name on the back of the panel is visible through the sheet. I'm not exactly sure why the other two were considered "imperfect". A few tiny scratches that buffed out was all I saw.

I have been so happy with this product that I sound like a sales rep for this company. This has to be the last post about it :)

Attachments

• IMAG0155.jpg
    IMAG0155.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 332
  • IMAG0156.jpg
    IMAG0156.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 324
  • IMAG0157.jpg
    IMAG0157.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 333
You don't have to drill. It is about 2mm thick total. I've attached a photo showing how thin and flexible it is - that's my hand bending down the top right corner of the panel. I use a sharp awl to punch holes and a pair of craft scissors to trim. It is very easy to work with.

Attachments

• IMAG0159.jpg
    IMAG0159.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 282
Those look so nice, and look like they'd be super easy to work with! Did you have to seal them at all? I just ordered 2 imperfect sheets, I can't wait until they get here! Thank you for posting this.

ETA: Do you have any issues with feeders getting behind the panels?

I don't seal them. No water gets through the panels. Every great once in a while, a cricket will find its way behind the panel, but it's not that big of a deal. I trim them as close as possible to the size of the cage to minimize it.

Here's a few photos of panels going into the back of my giant enclosure.

I've used them twice now and have been really happy with the results. Low maintenance, light, and awesome looking. Plus I like that it's natural stone, since I try to have a "natural" looking enclosure :D

Attachments

• WP_20130804_003.jpg
    WP_20130804_003.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 299
  • WP_20130804_004.jpg
    WP_20130804_004.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 313
  • WP_20130804_006.jpg
    WP_20130804_006.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
Tapatalk on the Windows phone is buggy as heck. Sorry if those photos are terrible.
Edit: Uploaded better pictures. Stupid Tapatalk :p

Last edited:
Thank you, Lathis. I was wondering how they were as far as absorbing water. They sound PERFECT for what I need them for.
Love the way your enclosure looks! Eventually, I'd like to build one similar to yours. I like how you attached the panels, too. I can't wait until they get here. :)

Thanks, both of you! It was the first time I had ever built something, so I'm really proud of myself. It was a LOT of work :D

Thanks, both of you! It was the first time I had ever built something, so I'm really proud of myself. It was a LOT of work :D

You SHOULD be proud. You did a fantastic job! I can't believe that was your first project! :) It's amazing what you're capable of, as long as you're not afraid to try. You should ask Santa for a chop saw for Christmas. ;)

They are smooth, but there is a very light stone texture. You can probably see that best in the very first photos in the post.

LOL Hubby just wants to make sure you keep all your fingers...or doesn't want to help with another project.;) My husband always clears the room when I'm building something, because if anyone gets in the way I get crabby.

YES! My panels came today and they are wonderful! I love how they look, and that you can cut them with scissors! It just doesn't get any easier than that. :D Thank you so much for posting about these, Lathis. I never would've known about this product without your posts about it.

Back
Top Bottom