two headed monster jackson chameleon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jax_Cham_MAN, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Jax_Cham_MAN

Jax_Cham_MAN Member

here is a pic of a two headed chameleon, it sadly didn't live long but is super cool IMG_4523.jpg

2. Jax_Cham_MAN

Jax_Cham_MAN Member

as anyone had something happen like that before o_O

3. Jax_Cham_MAN

Jax_Cham_MAN Member

for some reason only one of heads acted like it was a live

4. Jax_Cham_MAN

Jax_Cham_MAN Member

The one that started moving only had one eye

5. Nursemaia

Nursemaia Chameleon Enthusiast

So that's really sad but would have been awe if it had lived.

6. Nursemaia

Nursemaia Chameleon Enthusiast

Could have been a case of a parasitic twin since you said only 1 head acted alive

phantomchameleon likes this.
  7. leedragon

leedragon Avid Member

poor thing. it is good it passed away so fast

8. Carlton

Carlton Chameleon Enthusiast

No offence to the OP, but I don't think this would be cool at all. The poor little thing would have had a miserable existence however long or short.

9. Jax_Cham_MAN

Jax_Cham_MAN Member

When it tried to move the two front legs went above his head

10. Jax_Cham_MAN

Jax_Cham_MAN Member

and the back legs were trying to scooting itself along the floor

11. Theveiled

Theveiled Avid Member

This is a baby from your chams??? I would probably not breed again, because based off of your previous post many of the babies are not living, so I think you should try to figure out why its happening and try to prevent from happening again

12. From a biology standpoint, this is really cool. This is the first time i've seen a two headed chameleon of any species.

13. I agree.

14. Decadancin

Decadancin Moderator
    Staff Member

Interesting, but me personally I don't find it cool. Maybe if it survived and thrived it would be cool, but nature can be cruel. Not attacking your opinion, just stating mine.

15. I can definitely see how it can be cruel or sad... Not everyone is interested in biology and genetic mutations! Surviving and thriving is... very unlikely for any species with this mutation, especially with a parasitic twin. It's cool to see but it's horrible to think about.

16. Jax_Cham_MAN

Jax_Cham_MAN Member

I might have been to save it by helping it a little but i was to late to save it when i tried to save him:(

17. JacksJill

JacksJill Chameleon Enthusiast

If it makes you feel any better it probably wasn't fit to survive and even with help few of these "twins" ever do for long.

phantomchameleon likes this.
  18. ridgebax1

ridgebax1 Established Member

Conjoined and/or parasitic twins are biologically interesting but I agree with the others. Based on this and your other post about a mystery death and the photo of the chameleon that passed something is seriously wrong with either the genetics (which is beyond your control other than not breeding the same two chams that produced this mutation) or the conditions in which they live. I know jackson's can be tricky but there are a lot of experienced keepers here so I would heed their advice.

19. Jax_Cham_MAN

Jax_Cham_MAN Member

merry christmas everyone

Decadancin likes this.
  20. Jax_Cham_MAN

Jax_Cham_MAN Member

hopefully i can get a better outcome next time when i am caring for baby jaxs