trying to breed my pathers...

npena

Hi, trying to breed my pathers but everytime i show my female to my male, he tries to bit her. can some give me some tips to help me out? thanks-Noe

It might be because she is not receptive and he gets frustrated by being rejected. Are you sure she is receptive? What is her behavior towards him?

If she is looking receptive, it may be that the male is territorial about you putting her in his space. If you have a nuetral place for them to see eachother it might make things better like a large ficus or something. Have you tried showing the male to the female while she is in her cage?
If none of that works it could be her cooking:D nice one Jared

first off how old is your male..??? some males dont want to do the deed till 1 yr.. even longer.. just a male thing.. also yes make sure the fem is receptive.. if she flares up or opens her mouth.. thats a def no... if she goes black in color.. its also a poss no.. when they do hook up look for her to be dark and pumpkin orange.. thats a sighn of pregnant.. remember her first clutch might not be firtal... but unlikely..good luck.. hope i helped a lil..

If she is looking receptive, it may be that the male is territorial about you putting her in his space. If you have a nuetral place for them to see eachother it might make things better like a large ficus or something. Have you tried showing the male to the female while she is in her cage?
If none of that works it could be her cooking:D nice one Jared

LOL!!! Sorry OP, I couldnt help myself:D Reptoman has a very very good suggestion;)

Thanks guys! My male is about 2 and a half years old and my female is about a year and a half! She doesn't flare or open him mouth! She sees
To go towards him when I put them on my huge ficus but when she gets close to my male he puffs up and tries to bit her! One time
He got really colse and tried to take a bit of
Her back! There cages are next to eachother but I have a plastic board between there cages so they don't see eachother! I heard if they see eachother they won't breed!?

Thanks guys! My male is about 2 and a half years old and my female is about a year and a half! She doesn't flare or open him mouth! She sees
To go towards him when I put them on my huge ficus but when she gets close to my male he puffs up and tries to bit her! One time
He got really colse and tried to take a bit of
Her back! There cages are next to eachother but I have a plastic board between there cages so they don't see eachother! I heard if they see eachother they won't breed!?

The visual barrier is to keep them from seeing eachother because of the stress it causes each of them, The male will constantly be trying to get to the female to breed, and a non-receptive or, even worse, gravid female would be stressed by the sight of a male at all times. It should have nothing to do with them breeding or not breeding when they are put together finally. I think nuetral territory is worth a shot. Good luck!

Do you have another male? If you have another avail male of any species btw. You can show him too the male and female you are trying to breed. This should spur the breeding male to want to breed with the female before the other male can get in on his action. ;) (make sure to be holding the second male and keep all parties seperated so you dont have a fight on your hands.)

Back
Top Bottom