Trioceros pfefferi

happy14

Hello,

here is my new pair from Trioceros pfefferi. They`re one year old.
They very looking beautiful... .

Attachments

• DSC00097.JPG
    DSC00097.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC00098.JPG
    DSC00098.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC00099.JPG
    DSC00099.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 252
  • DSC00103.JPG
    DSC00103.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC00104.JPG
    DSC00104.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 260
Hi,

yes, thanks!

Attachments

• DSC00105.JPG
    DSC00105.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC00107.JPG
    DSC00107.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC00110.JPG
    DSC00110.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 210
They're WC right?? The female seems gravid and the male a bit skinny.. keep them hydratated and good luck!!
I know this species has a real short life expectancy, can someone confirm that?

Hi,

I have at yesterday buy them;)
The breeder have not say thats she is pregnant, but she looking really so... .
I hope them.
Yes, they´re have very much water... .

Why should they only live for two years ? They are a normal or average member of the Trioceros cristatus group and I can't see any reason why they shouldn't live minimum for 3-4 years

Hello,

I don´t know how long live the pfefferi.
But I don´t belive only two years, I think three or four years ago, too!

The breeder have said they are one year old.
And his own bred.

What do you mean... is she pregnant?

Ben i've asked that because i've always heard that pfefferi has shorter life span despite other Trioceros!! but if you are sure of that i can't not to be happy!! :D

Ben i've asked that because i've always heard that pfefferi has shorter life span despite other Trioceros!! but if you are sure of that i can't not to be happy!! :D

Well, I don't have any sheets and documents on it, but why should they live shorter than other Trioceros which are similar big ? If they lived in a special habitat this could be a reason (eg some Furcifer species), but pfefferi live in a more or less constant environment, without really dry or cold phases

eisentrauti said:
Well, I don't have any sheets and documents on it, but why should they live shorter than other Trioceros which are similar big ? If they lived in a special habitat this could be a reason (eg some Furcifer species), but pfefferi live in a more or less constant environment, without really dry or cold phases

It's the same thing i've always tought!! some documents about them will be very interesting.. i'll try to contact some keepers of this species to have some news..

ps: would seriously Germany win World Cup?? you deserve it!! what a player Oezil... :D

It's the same thing i've always tought!! some documents about them will be very interesting.. i'll try to contact some keepers of this species to have some news..

ps: would seriously Germany win World Cup?? you deserve it!! what a player Oezil... :D

Oezil isn't even the best of them ;) Look at Müller/Schweinsteiger/Khedira !

Congratulations on your new arrivals!

Ours came in fully grown last year and are still doing beautifully, except for 1 female that passed away. We still have the other female and 2 males.

The larger girl laid a clutch of 5 eggs on 11/05/2009 (dropped them on her plants, actually) shortly after arrival. All hatched beginning on 5/09/2010 and are still all 5 doing very well.

The other female laid 8 eggs in March (she dug a hole in a plant pot and buried them) that are still incubating (they are due to hatch in August and all appear plump, white, and fertile). She passed away a month or so later.

The first female Then laid another clutch of 9 in April (dropped them behind her plants in a corner of her cage- lazy girl- she has several pots of soil to dig in of varying degrees of moistness). Five of them appear fertile. This was a retained sperm clutch, apparently, since I keep them separated. I did place her in with one of the males a few times but she was not receptive so I removed her. She later laid the 9 eggs. She now looks ready to lay a third clutch. I am beginning to think keeping them separated is a mistake, since she seems to continue producing clutches without a male. It will be interesting to see, if she does lay a third clutch, if any of them will be fertile.:( I hate to see a lady wasting her time and energy producing infertile clutches. But I kept them separated because I understood that it was better for them. I did not expect so many clutches in a year.

The eggs are incubating at 66-68 degrees fahrenheit, as were the 5 that hatched successfully.

I have found this to be a beautiful and very hardy species. The babies didn't appear to struggle one bit and eat and drink and get along together very well.

Last edited:
Hi,

your informations are very good.
My female pfefferi look on the pics pregnant and I had feel on her and I think, she has eggs.
But I´m not really sure... .

Thanks for your good informations... .

Back
Top Bottom