Translucent or Morphs

AMGChams

Ok I have a question about Translucents or Morphs. For a cham to be considered one how much of it's body has to show signs of the translucent trate? The reason I am asking is because my baby veiled "Tiny" shows signs of the trate I think ... around her feet only though she also has a very bright neonish lime coloring at times. Is this a sign that she might have or carry that trate? I have a hard time getting good photos of her she is very camera shy.

its normal for all veilds to have a very thin line of 'trasnlucent' looking pink skin around their toes.

Low visibility Translucents may have their whole foot this pink or white color

High Translucent have much more of their body covered in pink or white skin.

I wonder if low and high visibility "definitions" will change over time as lines improve.

I wonder if low and high visibility "definitions" will change over time as lines improve.

The whole "translucent" veiled is so odd to me. I can't help but think of this trait as a flat out inbreeding defect that may signal other less desirable internal defects (like albinism). A cham with translucent skin areas on the upper body could be very sensitive to UV and thermal burns. Maybe that's my biologist eye speaking. I don't mean to insult anyone who works with translucency, but less glorious color on a cham doesn't seem like a good thing.

OK, off soapbox! Sorry.

Dez,
Thank you for the info. By the way Yoshi the Veiled I got from your both this Sunday in Orlando is doing great. I actually was able to see him drink from the drip system we have set up. I have still yet to be able to get my camera to take a in focus photo of him though. Thank you

The whole "translucent" veiled is so odd to me. I can't help but think of this trait as a flat out inbreeding defect that may signal other less desirable internal defects (like albinism). A cham with translucent skin areas on the upper body could be very sensitive to UV and thermal burns. Maybe that's my biologist eye speaking. I don't mean to insult anyone who works with translucency, but less glorious color on a cham doesn't seem like a good thing.

OK, off soapbox! Sorry.
That makes me wonder if a high translucent veiled needs less UVB and heat.. there is too much we don't know about new morphs and what could happen, especially when it is the skin that is involved. Do other translucent species require different heat, UVB, etc? I guess we could compare to that, loosely.

Dez,
Thank you for the info. By the way Yoshi the Veiled I got from your both this Sunday in Orlando is doing great. I actually was able to see him drink from the drip system we have set up. I have still yet to be able to get my camera to take a in focus photo of him though. Thank you

I am glad to hear it! I look forward to seeing photos of him as he grows.

Did you get a boy from 'Plum' bloodline or 'Daigan' bloodline?

I am glad to hear it! I look forward to seeing photos of him as he grows.

Did you get a boy from 'Plum' bloodline or 'Daigan' bloodline?

He is from the 'Plum' bloodline. I am a little worried about him today though my wife said that he didn't eat any thing today when she removed him from his cage and tried to feed him. She put some in a feeding cup in his cage and they were gone when I got home but she doesn't know if he ate them or they escaped. He is still very active and drinking I think he might just be ready to shed. I will have to down load a pic to post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom