Too many sick chams!

What can I say Will...I need glasses??

If I ever have deremensis babies again, I'll have to check the scales on the heads. I always sex babies by the tails...and in most cases I can do it. (Maybe I don't really need glasses after all? LOL!)

As for pictures...I'd like to post some, but they are in my computer and its off-line and stored away for now (long story). I'm posting from someone else's computer for now.

I sure hope you do have Deremensis babies again, then we will have some bloodlines to work with between the ones you and Brandy received earlier this year. Everyone has been telling me what a treat they are to have- and I have no montanes whatsoever.

If you need some photos taken, Id be glad to make a visit to take some for you. I can put them on a CD so you can upload them to the net from any computer you want.

lilj0e i agree that is a bueaty of a dear. if i lived in the states i would have bought some of them absolutly amazing little things.

my WC female i got in the spring grown alot she is now (got her as a juvie) almost as big as my male, so i thought id see what reaction she would have from seeing him.

she wasent happy just seeing him and he was more interested in climbing up my arm then her lol.

im completly in love with this pair. any advice on sussfully breeding them in the future (spring mabey) would be great from what iv read/been told its not that easy lol.

maddear2.jpg

Jack
maddear.jpg

Last edited:
I hate to have to tell you this Brandy, but its said that the female deremensis aren't ready to produce good eggs until their third year.

Breeding season is generally in the late fall in the wild...but it might not hold true in captivity. Gestation is about 4 months so the eggs hatch in early summer. The babies are such a beautiful color of "blue" and usually have a dotted pattern.

It can be awful to get them to lay the eggs too....they seem to do a lot of pacing first.

Also...did you know there are deremensis with "scallops" along the back and ones without? I don't really know if it matters or not.

Will...I didn't get any earlier this year. I had to make choices and chose some of the other montane species instead. :( Can't have everything you know!

Thanks for the offer to take the pictures....but its not that I don't have any...its just that they're in my computer...and its down for another couple of weeks.

Heres some pics of my two veiled females. Mada (as in madagascar) is 3 months old. Her sister Keisha is 2 1/2 months. They are very funny and are my first chams ive ever had.

Here's keisha, who always runs right up to the camera.

2342342wf8.jpg

Another of keisha, she's the biggest talker ever. Esp when they get misted. She is always Hissing and hissing.

Mada, is alittle more shy and is 4 1/2 inches (no tail) at 3 months.

asfasfasfaql8.jpg

I also have a question about "showering" your chams. I tried twice with mine and they didnt seem to like it, at all. I was wondering on any tips I can do to make it easier for them (and me) to do a "shower". Should I wait till they get older and bigger so its not so scary. ps. I dont shower in the shower, but in the sink, on low.

Last edited:
well, when i shower, i put aficus on the floor of the shower were no water hits it! then i take acouple of palm fulls of water and throw it on the ficus........then iput the chameleon on the plant, close the door, and let it get very humid.....the plant then starting getting little droplets of water on it(by its own self, do to the humidity!)...

Initial showering of chams can be stressful for them. Usually they don't like it at first, but they get used to it and some learn to love it. Make sure you run warm water and aim it either at the wall or at the floor of the shower away from the plant so they are not getting directly hit with the water from the shower head as that can stress them too and be painful (depending on how strong your shower is).

here are a few more to keep this thread alive. It appears that Je-uel may in-fact be a male. Oh well healthy none the less.

IMG_5124web.jpg

IMG_5129web.jpg

IMG_5134web.jpg

Last edited:
here are a few new ones of my male.. he got a good look at my Female so he wanted to show off... his colors are completely different from normal!:D

jssm_img_0133copy.jpg

jssm_img_0125copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom