Too hot!

Ares05

Chameleon Enthusiast
The main AC is having some trouble. The ambient room temps are getting up to 85, no less than 81-82. I am trying to cool it down but I have to turn off my veiled's basking light as it was getting too hot.

I have gotten the room they are in down to a reasonable temperature (75-77) , but to do so I have to run 3 fans and a small window AC.. which I likely cannot do constantly.

Is there anything else I can do to make Amaro (and all of my reptiles for that matter) more comfortable until the temperatures are lower more consistently?

Will this short-term problem be likely to effect their health in a serious way? I have never really had to deal with this before and don't want to be caught off guard.

Thanks!

So I run into the same issues on some warm days. I used to worry more, but I thing the key is if it stays there. So even say a week of hot weather would not be out of the norm in the wild. The difference would be that it cools at night and is not always that hot.

So it your temps are gettin high for a while , yes you can turn off basking. But if it cools at night and doesn't stay that hot for weeks on end. You should be fine.

On some hot days my ambient can get to high 80s. But not always

Back
Top Bottom