Tips?

gholmes

I just got my first jackson chameleon! I have been researching non stop for awhile now but was wondering if anyone had any other tips for anything from care to feeding that they have learned along the way. Like what are the best times to set for the lights to come on and go off. Or any product reviews. I was looking into getting an auto mister but I am not sure which one is the best. Thank you for your tips!

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your Jackson. Chameleons like to get up when the sun comes up outside and go to bed at dust so I recommend to set your lights about the same.

A large variety of gut loaded feeders are very important for all chameleons. Sandrachameleon has some excellent blogs on feeders and gut loading.

I highly recommend the Mistking if you decide to buy a misting system. There starter system is perfect for one or more chams and will run you about $100. If you are not home all day to hand mist the Mistking is the way to go.

Here's a good care sheet for Jacksons.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/jacksons/

Last edited:
Another option for misting is the Aquazamp, the two systems are almost identical in that they are both powered by R/O booster pumps and will give you the same spray pattern. I like the presentation of the Aquazamp more than the mistking and the way the pump mounts to the lid rather than sitting on the floor. That being said, they are both great misting systems and worth the extra money in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom