Time for an upgrade...

Very nice!

Sad to see the missed opportunity to jump into the Bio world with us :(. Next time :).

yes, I know...

This will be a “living wall” of sorts, but I’m not ready for bio-active yet. I will likely start that with a dart frog enclosure soon. Been wanting to do that for a long time now...

yes, I know...

This will be a “living wall” of sorts, but I’m not ready for bio-active yet. I will likely start that with a dart frog enclosure soon. Been wanting to do that for a long time now...

I want some frogs too! Wife says they will Ribbit :(, she don't want that lol.

So now, what plants???

Obviously a pothos, but what else? Nothing big like a Schefflera because the plants will be on the rear wall. I will definitely do a spider plant if I can find one. Maybe Wandering Jew?

What else?

Big fan of creeping figs (ficus pumila) - it's a great creeper, and pretty sturdy! Maybe a fern of some persuasion? They can provide a lot of cover! I love my little fluffy ruffle boston fern.

Dangit Decadancin, you got me wanting to upgrade!

My plants are not big enough I keep telling myself, as I look at Shower Doors on the interwebs!

So now, what plants???

Obviously a pothos, but what else? Nothing big like a Schefflera because the plants will be on the rear wall. I will definitely do a spider plant if I can find one. Maybe Wandering Jew?

What else?
If you have trouble finding spider plant, let me know. i have more than 500, not kidding, in my backyard. Would you like variegated or green?

So now, what plants???

What else?
Also have wandering jew. I really like grape leaf ivy. It has a woody vine that is very strong. My nosy be puts it through the gauntlet and it is doing quite well.

I’d recommend some philodendrons... many will climb given the chance and they will grow ver easily in a cham setup.

My fav tropical looking plants to use at the moment are:

philodendron bipennifolium (horsehead). Grows a thick vine and climbs - with large unique leaves. Grows quickly.

rhaphiodophora tetrasperma (mini monstera). Vining/ climbs, grows quickly.

Philodendron Mayoii / Tahiti / Dubium - very tropical, low but fast growing.

Monstera Adanonii (swiss cheese plant). Grows quickly / vining.

Here is a horsehead and mini monstera I pulled from babies cages... this is about 2-3 months of growth from a small cutting!
4380B089-60D5-4828-AD67-C20E05A39281.jpeg 0BE6DEDE-07D8-40EF-8D4A-8CC5526A79B9.jpeg 738B878E-AF63-4F56-992A-8287172E1AF9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom