Thoughts on the Chameleon Cantina?

MantisFTW

Im highly considering getting one. It seems all the rage right now on several cham facebook groups. Only, I have heard that fountains cause bad bacteria growth?

Does anyone on here have one? What are your thoughts and how well has it been working for you? One things for sure, it would definitely save me on a lot of trips to dump my drainage bucket...

Chameleon Cantina Drinking Fountain info:

http://chameleoncomforts.com/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0NS1YNMAJW2TGMW57S59

Very nice idea and when clean it's great. Now picture a few crickets festering in that and your Cham drinking contaminated water. YUK!

Interesting product. At first look I'm feeling that it would not be effective for every chameleon. Some might take to it immediately but I'm sure some might never take to it. It may be a toilet for some but it may be a great idea in addition to a misting system and instead of a dripper for extra hydration

If I can modify it with screen for the crickets then its perfect. Crickets arent a problem for me though because mine gets hand fed anyway. Adding on screen though would be great for when I get some new additions. :)

Sent off a inquiry asking them about how much filtering will be done . Will wait and see what they have to say.............. I had Jacksons with a waterfall that used recycled water......... never had a problem with using that for almost 4 years.

My fish tank has charcoal filters in it. I would NOT recommend that for a cham. It does not kill bacteria.

I think I am going to get one for my free range. As long as the water is checked and changed regularly I can't see that it would be a problem. I use a MistKing and mine drink off their leaves and they have no issue pooping on the same leaves. When you think about it, all of us who use a MistKing are giving their chams standing water, my resevoir is a covered bucket, but the water sits there for over a day. I guess my point is that we will never have a sterile environment in their cages, regular cleaning and good husbandry is all we can do.

I think I am going to get one for my free range. As long as the water is checked and changed regularly I can't see that it would be a problem. I use a MistKing and mine drink off their leaves and they have no issue pooping on the same leaves. When you think about it, all of us who use a MistKing are giving their chams standing water, my resevoir is a covered bucket, but the water sits there for over a day. I guess my point is that we will never have a sterile environment in their cages, regular cleaning and good husbandry is all we can do.

Anyone who uses a misting system that isn't attached directly into house plumbing has water that sits a while. But, that water is protected from stuff falling into it if you have a lid on the reservoir. Regardless, our misting systems still need periodic cleaning as do the nozzles, tubing, pump, etc.

As you said, if you are good about keeping the thing clean, OK. I just don't want people to assume that a little charcoal filter pad will keep the water safe indefinitely without attention.

Anyone who uses a misting system that isn't attached directly into house plumbing has water that sits a while. But, that water is protected from stuff falling into it if you have a lid on the reservoir. Regardless, our misting systems still need periodic cleaning as do the nozzles, tubing, pump, etc.

As you said, if you are good about keeping the thing clean, OK. I just don't want people to assume that a little charcoal filter pad will keep the water safe indefinitely without attention.

I don't think anyone, including myself, would think that any filtration system will protect indefinitely without any maintenance on that system !!

I bought one from my pet store I work at and we hate the maker 'biobubble' and their setups...to say the least, are horrible. Just a waste of money and enclosures that are not practical. But this single product caught our eye. Of course I was the one to take it home to test when we get our cham. I am putting some additional egg crate with fine mesh netting fitted (to keep cham out and crickets out) on top of the carbon. But I do believe it will have be changed often. But still can't wait to try it out in addition to a mister.

Hey guys I seen this post and wanted to know how this cage is working out so far. I just bought one Friday along with a Jackson chameleon and my chameleon has already died. I posted in the health clinic about it and a lot of people felt it may have been my enclosure. Looking for more insight about this cage before I place a new chameleon in there. I'm thinking my chameleon may have been sick before hand but don't know for sure. Thanks to anyone who can offer feedback.

Hey guys I seen this post and wanted to know how this cage is working out so far. I just bought one Friday along with a Jackson chameleon and my chameleon has already died. I posted in the health clinic about it and a lot of people felt it may have been my enclosure. Looking for more insight about this cage before I place a new chameleon in there. I'm thinking my chameleon may have been sick before hand but don't know for sure. Thanks to anyone who can offer feedback.

I had seen your other post on here just a minute ago. I don't know if your cage is also called a cantina, but everyone on this thread is talking about a water fountain, not the cage you have. I've seen the cage you have and it is not at all appropriate for any reptile. None of the cages or tanks by BioBubbles are appropriate for any animal, fish or reptile. They just don't meet any critters basic requirements.

Chameleon-Cantina225lc0301214.jpg

this is the fountain, the Chameleon Cantina, everyone is talking about on this thread.

Mom,

I think there have been two "Chameleon Cantinas" discussed. One is the fountain that came up previously:
http://www.amazon.com/BIO-BUBBLES-PETS-Drinking-Fountain/dp/B00QYT2KFO

I think the manufacturer, Bio-Bubbles, decided the name was so great, it deserved a more expensive product.

The other is the plexiglass cylindrical enclosure you had for your sick chameleon, and currently featured at the Bio-Bubbles home page:
http://www.biobubblepets.com/

Just wanted to make sure that distinction is clear.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 12.57.15 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 12.57.15 PM.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 864
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 12.56.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 12.56.40 PM.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 920
Can someone please tell me how much water yor supposed to fill it with? I just got mine in the mail, but the directions don't say anything anout actually getting it running. Thanks

There is no correct amount. Just put enough in there to submerge the pump. Pretty simple.

Back
Top Bottom