Thought on ripping the cricket’s hind legs off?

C0nwayy

so I just stick my tongs in a little corner of their container and catch their leg until they drop it.
I saw a method that is about freezing them and yeah but I did that to my last few crickets I had and they um, they died ???
I’m still gonna switch to dubias, but yeh

A2448EE1-AD04-4A60-A0F3-12A5D03542A3.jpeg

I removed the crickets hind leg when my chameleon was a baby to make it easier for her to catch them, but now that she is older there is no need, they can catch the crickets perfectly fine on their own.

I removed the crickets hind leg when my chameleon was a baby to make it easier for her to catch them, but now that she is older there is no need, they can catch the crickets perfectly fine on their own.

Yeah mine’s a 2 month old baby and, I just don’t want crickets vibing around my room in case of escaping or hiding in the enclosure and then coming out at night to gang up on my cham :,))

I know! So many crickets have gotten out of their cricket pen! One time I brought my Cham out and let her walk around on my floor, and a cricket came out of nowhere, so she chased after it and ate it!

I dont know if I have seen this method mentioned here before, but this is what i do....

Two plastic cups (I used the ones you can get from the deli in any supermarket)

Put a little supplement at the bottom of first cup, drop in crickets, carefully place second cup inside first cup s that the crickets are basically now stuck between the two cups with the supplement. Then...shake, shake, shake.

It scrambles the crickets brains a bit, and they are now a bit dizzy and much easier to handle.

I feel like this is more humane that cutting of legs or freezing. Just they just get a little shaken up.

I use a larger tote so if a cricket is about to escape, it just escapes back into the bin...

Then I use a feeder run for my insects and I have very minimal escapees.

Back
Top Bottom