This can't be good - urgent?

SueAndHerZoo

Established Member
Just checked on my little girl and saw this wet spot on the branch under her. That is not where her dripper is and I did not just mist. It's slimy, like mucous. I don't know if it came from her mouth or nose but I'm guessing this is very bad. URI?
Sue
mucous.jpg

Don't see any NEWLY fresh poop but it could have fallen down to the bioactive area where it's hard to spot. I took a photo of her pooping yesterday (this hobby has really turned me into a strange person!) because I didn't know if that was what it normally looks like in the process. Is this normal pooping?
poop.jpg

Just checked on my little girl and saw this wet spot on the branch under her. That is not where her dripper is and I did not just mist. It's slimy, like mucous. I don't know if it came from her mouth or nose but I'm guessing this is very bad. URI?
SueView attachment 320749
looks like she has it on her face too.... Either she got it on her moving up the stick or it came out of her mouth.... Search below... If you see more slime on branches follow it down. You need to figure out if it was fecal/urate.

Did you get a fecal done on this one?

looks like she has it on her face too.... Either she got it on her moving up the stick or it came out of her mouth.... Search below... If you see more slime on branches follow it down. You need to figure out if it was fecal/urate.

Did you get a fecal done on this one?
Yes and no on the fecal. They won't do one without seeing her and they can't see her until March 17. I called another reptile vet (that I found through using the vet search tool) and he's no longer seeing reptiles.
Sue

Yes and no on the fecal. They won't do one without seeing her and they can't see her until March 17. I called another reptile vet (that I found through using the vet search tool) and he's no longer seeing reptiles.
Sue
Ok so you need to figure out if this is part of the urate. search the cage while there will still be remnants of it. Urate can slide along the branches and drop down in a different place.

Where did you get this baby from?

Petco. Everything in this particular store is very clean and seemingly well-cared for, and the reptile guy knew his stuff and instructed me on the proper lighting and hydration. But that doesn't mean it wasn't weak or sick when they got it.
Sue

Petco. Everything in this particular store is very clean and seemingly well-cared for, and the reptile guy knew his stuff and instructed me on the proper lighting and hydration. But that doesn't mean it wasn't weak or sick when they got it.
Sue
Well I am betting it is urate especially if she has not shown any other signs and symptoms of illness.

Well? She hasn't eaten today (which isn't totally uncommon) and she seems lethargic, eyes half closed. I just pulled out my Petco contract and it said I am to bring her in within 30 days if I suspect she's sick and they'll observe/take to a vet. Today is EXACTLY day 30 since I got her. I called them, spoke to a very concerned, helpful reptile person, and she wants me to bring her in right away.
Sue

Well? She hasn't eaten today (which isn't totally uncommon) and she seems lethargic, eyes half closed. I just pulled out my Petco contract and it said I am to bring her in within 30 days if I suspect she's sick and they'll observe/take to a vet. Today is EXACTLY day 30 since I got her. I called them, spoke to a very concerned, helpful reptile person, and she wants me to bring her in right away.
Sue
They do not typically get them vet care urgently. They put them in the back room.... They tend to die there and blame it on your husbandry. But fingers crossed your Petco is different then most.

Back from the store. She said she was able to get an appointment with their reptile vet for tomorrow afternoon. I told her I had assumed they would observe her for a day or two first and she said they NORMALLY do that but with a chameleon so young, they can go downhill fast and didn't want to chance it. We'll see if that was a story or not. She also took photos of my photos of the mucous and the funny poop from yesterday. Fingers crossed.
Sue

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Googly-eyed Lizards!

Was Chameleon Poop 101 not at all helpful?
It wasn't very helpful in determining if my little girl had a problem or not because her poop never looks like that when I see it in the cage, and I had never actually caught her in the act before so I didn't know if that was what it normally looks like as it's leaving the body. But the thread did confuse me as to whether my new rescue male has a poop problem or if it was a sperm plug. Your thoughts?

Attachments

• Clyde poop or plug.jpg
    Clyde poop or plug.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 27
It wasn't very helpful in determining if my little girl had a problem or not because her poop never looks like that when I see it in the cage, and I had never actually caught her in the act before so I didn't know if that was what it normally looks like as it's leaving the body. But the thread did confuse me as to whether my new rescue male has a poop problem or if it was a sperm plug. Your thoughts?
Looks like a urate and sperm plug coming out together.

It looks more like sperm plug than feces to me, but my eyes aren't the best.

FWIW, mine usually takes care of business just before or after eating, and I usually find fresh evidence on the bare floor below.

Back
Top Bottom