Thinkin chair

shineru

So i was woundering how bad the outcome of a male jackson and a female vield breeding would be? share your thoughts cause i seen alot of breeding lately that i was just woundering if this had to happen at some point in the wild.. i mean did all 120 chameleon species came from its owed original path?
just curries cause i saw a 3 horn chameleon and it look it looked like a mix of a vield n a jackson or a jackson and a graceful chameleon.. mhphmm.. i mean its all about evolution right?:confused:

They cannot produce fertile eggs. They have to be the same species. Like panthers, ambanja and ambilobe can mix. Jacksons and Veilds are not the same species. The pic you saw was likely photoshop.

So i was woundering how bad the outcome of a male jackson and a female vield breeding would be? share your thoughts cause i seen alot of breeding lately that i was just woundering if this had to happen at some point in the wild.. i mean did all 120 chameleon species came from its owed original path?
just curries cause i saw a 3 horn chameleon and it look it looked like a mix of a vield n a jackson or a jackson and a graceful chameleon.. mhphmm.. i mean its all about evolution right?:confused:

They are two different species, not sure if they are genetically compatible. If not, then there would be no outcome.

Where was the photo?

I think it's good to go by the definition of a species- a group of alike animals that can breed with each other and produce fertile offspring. so if they're different species it's highly unlikely they can interbreed, although I think there maybe 1 or 2 'exceptions to prove the rule', I'd have to look it up. If they were able to interbreed I guess they would be classed as sub-species.

Also, even if they were near to each other I don't think it would happen. You can get different species of finches in the same tree- but they occupy different parts of the tree and fulfill different niches. They don't interbreed, although they are very close to each other.

I think another factor would be that one produces live young, the other lays eggs. There is no middle-ground that would be likely to produce living offspring, even if the mating was successful.

I doo agree with everyone in here, i was almost more than sure that the two species lay eggs but thanks tho i was just woundering..

Yeah but isnt it weird how several types of Dogs can breed and produce offspring but they can't, its a rip off in my opinion lol

What about a male Senegal chameleon & a female vield chameleon ? they both do come from the same African country :confused:

Yeah but isnt it weird how several types of Dogs can breed and produce offspring but they can't, its a rip off in my opinion lol

It's an interesting point about dogs because it brings into question the definition of a species- animals that can mate with each other to produce fertile offspring. All dogs are considered the same species, yet imagine a chihuahua paired with a Great Dane. There's no way they're are phyically compatable- a Great Dane and a Chihuahua could not mate, so therefore they do not fulfill the defintion of a species and should be classed as seperate species? but then you have to consider that they are genetically compatable & could in theory, produce fertile offspring. They only match half the definition. Dogs are arguabley coming to a point where we have caused them to speciate by selective breeding.

Last edited:
It's an interesting point about dogs because it brings into question the definition of a species- animals that can mate with each other to produce fertile offspring. All dogs are considered the same species, yet imagine a chihuahua paired with a Great Dane. There's no way they're are phyically compatable- a Great Dane and a Chihuahua could not mate, so therefore they do not fulfill the defintion of a species and should be classed as seperate species? but then you have to consider that they are genetically compatable & could in theory, produce fertile offspring. They only match half the definition. Dogs are arguabley coming to a point where we have caused them to speciate by selective breeding.

i agreed but maybe if you have one male chihuahua, that think his a pit bull lol and a sweet short size female. Well lets just say i could see it happen, but if it was the other way around i doubt it. because the babies would be too much for the female chihuahua

Very true. But what do you think bout a veiled and graceful? I was actualy just talking about this with the owner of a local pet store that is getting a shipment of panthers in from screameleons. I really want one lol.:eek:

yea panthers are great!:D too bad they so expensive :(
what did the guy in the pet shop said about the graceful & vield ?

Well it was a nice lady actually lol. She didnt have any thing to say. We were just bringing it up in theory. And she actualy said the panthers are gona start off at 180$. Which pisses me off even more cuz thats such a good oportunity and my mom is sayen i cant get another lol. Oh well. One of these days, hopefully in the very very distant future, when my guy passes away i might get a neat panther. But i cant think of that just yet, I have to love and care for the guy i have right now :D

Back
Top Bottom