Think something is wrong!!! Please help :(

fuzzhc

Ok so the other day i posted a thread thinking my female panther may have been gravid because she was dark colours and roaming around the bottom of the cage. I went out and bought a laying bin and set it up in her enclosure but she has not even so much looked at it.

Today i have came home from work to find her a bright orange, shaking and frantically scratching at the glass. As soon as i opened the doors she lept out onto my arm and point blank didnt want to go back in. She is also shaking alot which i know can be a sign of mbd. In saying that i have been dusting her food daily and never missed any, the cf is a 13W in a dome centered at the top middle of the cage.

I have also noticed alot of blackish/brown markings appearinig all over her body. These do not seem to be part of her colouration nor do they (to me) look like burns although i could be wrong. Its hard to describe but i can tell its not part of her pattern because it looks like the marks are on top of the skin and not under, ive also tried washing them off. The basking temp is always between 80-82 and ambients 73-80. She has also not ate much, if anything in the past few days.

Im starting to get really worried here because this is totally out of the norm for her. She is usually quite content with a bit of exploring throughout the day or mostly sitting on her favourite perch. She usually eats any amount of food i put down, can be 30 or so 3rd crickets alongside any treats.

In these pictures you can clearly see the blackish/brownish patches appearing on the limbs, tail, head and body.

DSC_1616[1].jpg

DSC_1613[1].jpg

DSC_1611[1].jpg

DSC_1603[1].jpg

DSC_1602[1].jpg

please fill out the husbandry form- " how to ask for help"
this will allow us to help you the best that we can.

from the pictures she does not seem to have mbd, however that does not mean she doesnt... I'm not a vet and have not diagnosed this chameleon.

also when she lays she needs privacy, either move her enclosure somewhere in the house where no one will bother her or put up a blanket.

the markings do not look like anything more than her coloring, but once again im not a vet so i could be wrong.

either way if you have the means i would suggest getting a check up to be safe

please fill out the husbandry form- " how to ask for help"
this will allow us to help you the best that we can.

from the pictures she does not seem to have mbd, however that does not mean she doesnt... I'm not a vet and have not diagnosed this chameleon.

also when she lays she needs privacy, either move her enclosure somewhere in the house where no one will bother her or put up a blanket.

the markings do not look like anything more than her coloring, but once again im not a vet so i could be wrong.

either way if you have the means i would suggest getting a check up to be safe

Hi. Im on a phone just now and cant find the how to ask for help section, the search bar doesnt work for me. If you could kindly link me please?

Earlier she was shaking like mad and occasionally grabbing her own legs, from what I can see could be early signs of mdb or just because she was frantically trying to get out. Of which im not sure.

Her enclosure is in a mirrored wardrobe in my room so I have closed that over with only a small gap for me to peek in.

I have been reading on previous posts that the markings could be from a skin infection or bruising, if someone could clarify either because I have never seen either before. It is definitely not part of her pattern I can tell just from looking at them.

Would you recommend a vets trip even if she is possibly gravid? If so ill get her out first thing in the morning.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Female panther, just found out it to be roughly 8months, had her 2 months

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Few times a month

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
As many crickets as she can eat being roughly 30 3rd size, wax worms, dubia, cut up morio, locusts on occasion. Every morning soon after lights on. Gut loading with carrots, Apple, potatoe, grapes, blueberrys, strawberries,

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Komodo calci daily, nutrobal every two to three weeks

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Dripper cup few times daily, lught misting of plants, occasionally see drinking

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
Droppings look normal never been tested

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Exo terra glass, cant remember dimensions maybe 2.5x2x2'

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Exo terra repti glo 13w 5% in a dome centered on top of cage, 50w floodlight on dimmer, 9-9

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
81-83 basking, 73-80 ambient, exo terra probe for basking, temp and humidity guage for rest

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
53-70% but has since risen to high 80s since adding laying bin last night. Plants maintain along side spraying lightly.digital Humidity guage

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Umberella plant, mini Dragon trees possibly ( cant remember exact because lights are out) and lucky bamboo

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Im bedroom, near window but in mirrored wardrobe which can be opwn or closed. Non high traffic area. Around 5ft from floor

Location - Where are you geographically located?
Glasgow

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
As stated above.

Thanks for the link!

I can't tell from the pictures -and I'm not an expert but is it possible that they are bite marks (spider maybe) there was a thread recently where a tiny spider had a poor guy scared in his cage ? (Max was the chameleon's name-about a week ago) (in General 8/23- "I found it")

Back
Top Bottom