They are here!!!! Pics! Let me know what'cha think!

Ok let's see if these pics help:

The "bloody" thing in the background is my shower curtain....this one is a lil blurry:

newpics007.jpg

Here's a couple more a little more clear:

newpics014.jpg

newpics017.jpg

And some pics of sires and dams of my little ones:

Sample sire for Jack H. Skellington (I'm told he has similar genetics):
SamplesireforJackH.jpg

Sally's sire (KaBoom):
KaBoom-littlenewgirlssire.jpg

Skittle's Sire (Bonzai):
bonzai-skittlessire.jpg

Skittle's Dam (Isabella):
isabella-skittlesdam.jpg

And Solar's Sire (Bolt):
Bolt-solarssire.jpg

Not arguing with them being awesome! but sometimes even the best make a mistake. Not that they did this time either but it does happen.

You are right, Ryan, it absolutely DOES happen. Sexing of a cham that young can be rather difficult, even to a very trained eye.

I dont know. Im leaning toward female. This one is actually a tough one:eek:

I agree, I almost see a bump in the blurry pic and the last one but I think I just want it to be a male for the OP.

I am still leaning toward female but at this age especially it is really hard to tell. minus a month or next month and it would have been easier. Vince may have sexed it out of the egg or when it was smaller. (Easier to tell that way) so he may know better.

That's an awesome shower curtain! Psycho :D

LOL Thank you, I really enjoy it. It has 2 smeared, bloody hand prints on it just like in Psycho, plus I have a bath mat outside of the shower with blood droplets, and bloody footprints on it. :D

So, what should I do in this situation? As far as my male quite possibly being a female...

So, what should I do in this situation? As far as my male quite possibly being a female...

I would contact Vince just so he knows there may be a problem. You may have to wait and see unless he agrees it's a female. In a few weeks it will be obvious what it is. By contacting him you at least make him aware there may be a problem. I am sure he will help you out. He has an awesome guarantee on the chameleons. I think its like 30 days. I'm not sure what that covers but either way it couldn't hurt to let him know.

Agreed that this is a weird one. Also agreed that it's a real "awkward" stage in a young cham's life, where they're trying to "figure out who they are" and all but, I'm leaning to male.

Agreed that this is a weird one. Also agreed that it's a real "awkward" stage in a young cham's life, where they're trying to "figure out who they are" and all but, I'm leaning to male.

LOL... you make it sound like "he" is sexually confused.... like I'm going to go to mist him one day, and I will find him trying on my panty hose. :D:D:D

LOL... you make it sound like "he" is sexually confused.... like I'm going to go to mist him one day, and I will find him trying on my panty hose. :D:D:D

It's a natural thing as they find their identities. :rolleyes: In all seriousness though, take a look at this thread: https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-sex-baby-panthers-33997/. Once you have a better idea of what to look for it'll probably be easier to see it as he walks around. In addition to "his" thicker tail base I think I see some red coming in at the bottom of the Y-bar in the last picture.

Yeah, both those eyes would lock onto me REAL quick :eek: "I'm not doing anything"!

The mental image of that is priceless! :D

Anyhow, I'm going email Vince, and attach a pic, and see what he thinks, and go from there.

Any more opinions? Is he a Jack, or a Jackie?? :)

It's a natural thing as they find their identities. :rolleyes: In all seriousness though, take a look at this thread: https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-sex-baby-panthers-33997/. Once you have a better idea of what to look for it'll probably be easier to see it as he walks around. In addition to "his" thicker tail base I think I see some red coming in at the bottom of the Y-bar in the last picture.

You are right. I think I see a little bit of a bar coming in also. Still a tough one!! I wouldnt give a 100% on any of my guesses though:eek: As Kent said, it might be easier to tell yourself after looking at that thread. They are so much easier to sex if you can see them in person.

:D:D:D Yeah I know what you mean, I'm just being a weirdo. And yes, you are right, there is some definite red barring on his tail... good sign?

I don't see the red at all and I am on a really high res monitor. It looks orange like a baby to me.

The tail base on the last pic is the only reason I have any doubt its a girl. I am thrown off by the angle of the leg. Hard to tell where vent ends and base starts.

With that said I trust Kent's experience more than mine.

Well, I think I will try and get a couple more pics that may be a bit better. I will also try and get some of his red barring in a pic. Give me a few minutes.

Yeah, the blurry pic definitely looks male. In the pic below it the tail seems too thick just posterior to the vent. The bottom half of what will/would be a Y-bar is what I was talking about as looking like it has some red coming in. Is it my monitor?

Back
Top Bottom