There is no veterinary clinic in my area

maryam

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Chameleon veiled , Sex I do not know, age I do not know, I bought it about a month ago
  • Handling - Take it out of the cage and put it in my hand twice a day
  • Feeding - Eat about 3 MEALWORMS and drink a few drops of water
  • Supplements - I have not bought yet
  • Watering - Use spray on leaves or slow drip on plant leaves
  • Fecal Description - A brown tube - a yellowing thread - surrounded by liquids

Cage Info:

• Lighting - Put it in the sun an hour a day
  • Temperature - 25c
  • Humidity - Spray water twice a day
  • Plants - Wood sticks and small Plant

• Location - Kingdom Saudi Arabia

Current Problem - I have seen this swell two weeks ago - swollen up his nose and swollen feet
Help me, there is no reptile doctor in my area, I must treat the chameleon myself, what medicines do I need and how to treat?

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG
حرباء1.jpg

Attachments

• حرباء.jpg
    حرباء.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 115
He looks very dark, you need supplements! His enclosure should be hotter, maybe 29-30 C (At least 85 F). As for the swelling, I'm not sure what medicines to tell you about, wait for more replies.

He looks very dark, you need supplements! His enclosure should be hotter, maybe 29-30 C (At least 85 F). As for the swelling, I'm not sure what medicines to tell you about, wait for more replies.
Thank you very much, I will buy supplements soon

I recommend RepCal without d3 and phosphorous free, RepCal Herptivite, and RepCal Calcium, if it is available. Would you like a picture of the supplements?
can i use this?

Attachments

• F2735333-7A94-4E9E-BC81-334A32E3EDAC.jpeg
    F2735333-7A94-4E9E-BC81-334A32E3EDAC.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 0C26B40E-F780-4443-BB3E-EEB6A35F71F2.jpeg
    0C26B40E-F780-4443-BB3E-EEB6A35F71F2.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 79
You HAVE to change what you are feeding your chameleon. Mealworms are nutritionally worthless and not the easiest for your chameleon to digest. I'm not sure what feeders are available in Saudi Arabia, but I'm sure there are crickets at least. Here is a good resource to learn about the proper variety of foods and how they should be prepared: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/food/

Welcome to the forum!

NewChameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Chameleon veiled , Sex I do not know, age I do not know, I bought it about a month ago to tell the sex look at the heels for a tarsal spur. Looks male in the last photo you posted. That's good because you don't have to worry about eggs.
  • Handling - Take it out of the cage and put it in my hand twice a day
  • Feeding - Eat about 3 MEALWORMS and drink a few drops of water mealworms are not a good choice of food...crickets, roaches, locusts, superworms, silkworms, etc are better options. Veileds also will nibble on leaves and flowers (and veggies and even a bit of fruit) so make sure any plants in the cage are non toxic.
  • Supplements - I have not bought yet He should be getting a phosphorous-free calcium powder dusted on the insects just before feeding them to him at almost every feeding. I also recommend a phosphorous-free calcium/D3 powder be dusted on the insects twice a month but if he's getting direct sun every day that shouldn't be needed. D3 from supplements can build up in the system and lead to health issues.I also recommend a vitamin powder that contains a beta carotene prOformed source of vitamin A be dusted on the insects twice a month. Vitamin A comes in two forms...prOformed and prEformed...prOformed sources are safe because they won't build up in the system like prEformed sources can but this leaves it up to you to decide when/if your chameleon needs any prEformed (because it's said that chameleons can't convert the beta carotene).
  • Watering - Use spray on leaves or slow drip on plant leaves
  • Fecal Description - A brown tube - a yellowing thread - surrounded by liquids

Cage Info:
  • Lighting - Put it in the sun an hour a day
  • Temperature - 25c this temperature is fine for most of the cage but he should have a basking temperature in the !how to mid 80'sF so he can warm up to digest his food properly.
  • Humidity - Spray water twice a day
  • Plants - Wood sticks and small Plant I hope the plant is non toxic. There should be quite a bit of greenery in the cage so he can hide when he wants to.
  • Location - Kingdom Saudi Arabia

Current Problem - I have seen this swell two weeks ago - swollen up his nose and swollen feet
Help me, there is no reptile doctor in my area, I must treat the chameleon myself, what medicines do I need and how to treat?
I'm not a vet so I can't be sure what's causing the swelling on the nose and foot. It could be an infection and if it is it will need to be cleaned out by a vet (and a culture and sensitivity test could be done) and he will need antibiotics. I know you said there's no reptile vet near you....sorry I'm can't give you a solution that you can do on your own. Putting him on antibiotics without cleaning out the swollen areas if it is an infection won't work because their pus is thick like cottage cheese and the antibiotics can't penetrate it to kill the bacteria. It's also possible it's something else...but I don't know what.

I was thinking of that. Saudi Arabia, that would be easy to get a wild caught there, and I can imagine that they would have different coloring.

Back
Top Bottom