The yellow Nosy Be gets yellower

wow those pictures are awesome, i agree that is the most yellow ive ever seen in a nosy be, couls he possibly have some nosy mistio blood in him? just a thought. :)

wow those pictures are awesome, i agree that is the most yellow ive ever seen in a nosy be, couls he possibly have some nosy mistio blood in him? just a thought. :)

Thanks! At first, when he was 6ish months and started showing these bright yellows all over, people started suggesting he might be mixed with something else. But I trust the breeder completely and he says that he's seen this before and that they usually outgrow it. I thought Cobalt was going to, since every shed he was getting less and less of this all-over yellowish color, up until this shed! So we'll ee how he continues to grow.

New pics of the little man. He's about 16 months old this month, and was showing a lot of yellow today. Unfortunately, it's tricky to really capture his colors - inside the yellow lights make it look like the yellow is just cast light, and outside the shade on my balcony brings out a lot more of his blues.

cobalt1yearold31.jpg

cobalt1yearold28.jpg

cobalt1yearold27.jpg

cobalt1yearold26.jpg

cobalt1yearold25.jpg

cobalt1yearold25.jpg

cobalt1yearold30.jpg

cobalt1yearold29.jpg

PS. there might be a little blue lady in his future after all, for all of you that bash me about not having any plans for him :D

He's just the coolest thing ever. :D
Let's start arranging the customs paperwork for that baby boy, who do I need to call???

Ooooh but you're so far away :( I'd be more than happy to do it with someone in Florida, so I could go visit the babies and not have to ship anyone around.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Taken out of context this sounds very scandalo.us, then again I like to take things out of context from time to time.

But for real you should hook him up.

He reminds me so much of my Nosey be Ernie! My guy is 2 and still fires up yellow.

Beautiful boy you have, love the pictures.

give him some love!!!! let his greatness be passed on:cool:
damn...i wouldnt mined getting a offspring from him, most likely female:D

Lol Stanly, that does sound a little wrong out of context :D

Thanks guys! He has his really blue days and his really yellow days. He wasn't even really fired up in these photos (or too angry, for that matter) he was just hanging out like this on his free range and I scooped him up for some pics.

Knowing what he looks like now, don't I feel stupid having named him after the color I thought he was going to turn out to be? :D:D:D

if i get a girl from you, i shall name it "Lemon" or "citrus":p

Citrus is actually pretty cute lol I feel like I should rename him Dorado or something yellow :D But he's lucky that I'm too lazy to spend another 2 months searching for the perfect name for him. If he didn't turn out blue then that's his fault! LOL

It would be cool if a new yellow nosy be bloodline started if he stays that way.

I will probably end up breeding him in a year or so, and will be very curious to see both what his final colors look like by then and what his offspring will inherit.

He is stunning, anyone who can't see his yellow needs more than just glasses. You could consider renaming him old yeller. great name for a new blood line.

He is stunning, anyone who can't see his yellow needs more than just glasses. You could consider renaming him old yeller. great name for a new blood line.

hmm I remember the movie. Do you really want a rabid chameleon? (wait don't you have a new guy named cujo or was that someone else? Could this be a theme? )

Thanks Laurie!

Haha No, can't say I want a rabid chameleon, although he does have a mean temper on him already! No, I don't have a Cujo but I do remember that someone else does, I just don't know who.

he looked like an ambanja when i first looked at him, but nonetheless he is a beautiful cham...i have a Nosey Be from jim at TCC (sired by kneecap to the best of my knowledge,) i bought it at an expo as a male, but it turns out its either a really colorful female or a "she-male"...i have some pics posted on one of the threads about hermaphrodites, but she has gotten more color since then and ill try to get some pics up soon...i guess my whole point is that i named it Sherman when i thought it was a male, and i havent changed the name...i kinda like it that way, it adds confusion when you say "this is Sherman, my FEMALE chameleon" haha

Back
Top Bottom