The past couple days my veiled has had some pretty dark coloration

I feel kinda late to the party on this thread but the photos of the back legs look like theres a slight bow to the bones. Could be a sign of MBD from not using proper supplements.

Glad to see you are adjusting the supplements as suggested.

As for the eyes being closed during the day, this usually mean there is something up with the chameleon or the husbandry. Do you keep any lights on at night? Red light? Purple night light?

Chameleons need almost complete darkness for 10-12 hours to get proper rest and sleep.

Not giving a proper diet of gutloaded feeders could also cause the chameleon to feel weak and close its eyes during the day. I saw you are, as of recently, feeding more crickets which is good. Not sure if anyone went over gutloading already, but make sure to feed your crickets and other feeders leafy greens and vegetables like kale, dandelion greens, escarole, squash. Most commercial gutloads you see in stores suck as the flukers orange cubes are pretty bad.

I would also increase misting times to around 2-3 minutes to make sure the chameleon is stimulated to drink.

And dont take this next part personally about your parents not paying to take a lizard to the vet but this is a topic that irritates me..... As this animals care taker, we are responsible for providing emergency care if it is required. Yes, its just a lizard, but they depend on us for a decent life. If the owner cant or isnt prepared to provide vet care if or when needed, then they shouldnt take the animal in. Its cruel to let any animal suffer in my opinion. Again, i dont mean to come off as rude or anything so I am sorry for the rant.

I am glad to see you are take the advice of the many experienced keeper on these forums.

i just took my veiled for eye problems an learned he had a vitamin a deficiency! I was using herptivite for my cham (beta-carotene) and turn out chams cant turn that into vitamin A! So if you are using something with beta-carotene that could be an issue. he's a juvenile so i recommend because the vet recommended a reptivite with d3 and give that once a week and then once a month once they are matured. could also be his heat or hydration. whats his basking temp? How much does ur cham drink?

I feel kinda late to the party on this thread but the photos of the back legs look like theres a slight bow to the bones. Could be a sign of MBD from not using proper supplements.

Glad to see you are adjusting the supplements as suggested.

As for the eyes being closed during the day, this usually mean there is something up with the chameleon or the husbandry. Do you keep any lights on at night? Red light? Purple night light?

Chameleons need almost complete darkness for 10-12 hours to get proper rest and sleep.

Not giving a proper diet of gutloaded feeders could also cause the chameleon to feel weak and close its eyes during the day. I saw you are, as of recently, feeding more crickets which is good. Not sure if anyone went over gutloading already, but make sure to feed your crickets and other feeders leafy greens and vegetables like kale, dandelion greens, escarole, squash. Most commercial gutloads you see in stores suck as the flukers orange cubes are pretty bad.

I would also increase misting times to around 2-3 minutes to make sure the chameleon is stimulated to drink.

And dont take this next part personally about your parents not paying to take a lizard to the vet but this is a topic that irritates me..... As this animals care taker, we are responsible for providing emergency care if it is required. Yes, its just a lizard, but they depend on us for a decent life. If the owner cant or isnt prepared to provide vet care if or when needed, then they shouldnt take the animal in. Its cruel to let any animal suffer in my opinion. Again, i dont mean to come off as rude or anything so I am sorry for the rant.

I am glad to see you are take the advice of the many experienced keeper on these forums.
That is what i told my dad and yes i was using a purple night light the past few nights I’ve been letting him sleep in complete darkness

i just took my veiled for eye problems an learned he had a vitamin a deficiency! I was using herptivite for my cham (beta-carotene) and turn out chams cant turn that into vitamin A! So if you are using something with beta-carotene that could be an issue. he's a juvenile so i recommend because the vet recommended a reptivite with d3 and give that once a week and then once a month once they are matured. could also be his heat or hydration. whats his basking temp? How much does ur cham drink?
The dripper was leaking but i mist him about 5 times a day and basking temperature is usually around 90-92 I’ve noticed the branch he hangs out on is close to the light could that be why he is on a 100 watt daytime bulb

Well, completely stop feeding the apple and probably keep the vegetables down to once a week. Females are ALWAYS hungry. Basic instinct drives them to eat as much as possible as much as they can as in the wild, resources are at a minimum and they need to eat what they can whenever to be able to successfully produce eggs. Their instinct has yet to catch up with the constant availability of food in captivity haha She must learn to slow down. If it really bothers you...and sometimes it bothers me too, although alternating food days is very good, I sometimes will offer them 2 superworms, or 2 crickets or something just to keep them from feeling hungry..nobody likes that either. But fat is bad. Their fat pads are located at a good place for them but also bad place for them. In females they are back there just before their back legs and can get very thick. This can complicate egg laying for them as the eggs would have a problem getting past. This is no good.
i finally caught his colors, this is how he usually is after eating

Attachments

• F142070A-F4D7-432F-BD05-2B9095108FFA.jpeg
    F142070A-F4D7-432F-BD05-2B9095108FFA.jpeg
    329.6 KB · Views: 87
i finally caught his colors, this is how he usually is after eating
to me, he looks dehydrated. His back leg is also pretty worrying. His cask also looks rather sunken in..
The dripper was leaking but i mist him about 5 times a day and basking temperature is usually around 90-92 I’ve noticed the branch he hangs out on is close to the light could that be why he is on a 100 watt daytime bulb
How long do you mist him for? Have you tried showering him?

to me, he looks dehydrated. His back leg is also pretty worrying. His cask also looks rather sunken in..

When he extends his leg it looks normal and it’s always been like that i mist him till his plants are dripping and no i haven’t showered him i don’t have a plant to let him sit on

But then he will be a bright green almost turquoise but sometimes he’s a brown like a little bit after this picture he turned back to bright colors and his urinate is white

Yup. Also herptevite has a HIGH load of phosphorous which can lead to other problems. they can not convert the beta carotine to vitamin A. They need the prformed vitamin a. Also make sure you give calcium without d3 every other feeding or every feeding depending on your age/type/ and lighting :)

This gives any of you an idea of what ratios are found in supplements and insects so you can compare them. However...the ratio of the calcium to phosphorus is still approx 2:1 in the vitamin powders I've mentioned (which are two of the more commonly used ones)...

Herptivite...calcium minimum ...22,000mg
calcium maximum...23,000mg
phosphorous.....11,000mg
weight...93.5g

Zoomed Reptivite...calcium minimum 249,000mg
calcium maximum...280,000mg
phosphorous...105,730mg
Weight ...per kg

Minerals and trace elements. Insect Calcium Phosphorus Magnesium Potassium Sodium Chloride Amount per 100 g mg mg mg mg mg mg Pi - topinsect
PDFwww.topinsect.net › swfiles › files

Minerals and trace elements.
Insect Calcium Phosphorus Magnesium Potassium Sodium Chloride
Amount per 100 g mg mg
Pinkies Topinsect 20 205 30 250 50,6 n/a
Buffaloworms Topinsect 56 196 30 280 129 n/a
Mealworm larvae Topinsect 17 285 80 341 54 187
Wax moth larvae Topinsect 24 195 32 221 17 64
Adult house cricket Topinsect 41 295 34 347 134 227
Grasshoppers Topinsect 18 178 37 288 61 155
Red runners Topinsect 231 211 61 439 232 188
Mealworm beetle 23 277 61 340 63 191