The past couple days my veiled has had some pretty dark coloration

Bmjo

Established Member
he is a juvenile and i don’t know if that would have to do anything with it he’s been eating has regular droppings and temperature and humidity is just fine I’m just a little worried

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 328
Looks okay but his casque is a little small for his size. What kind of lighting you have him beneath?
He had some eye problems for a little bit so he was blind so he was a very pick eater and i had to hand feed him but he’s under a 100 watt daytime bulb with a 5.0 repti sun uvb

This is how he’s usually been

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 291
He shouldn't be sleeping during the day....is he?

In your other two posts you were asked to answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread at the top of the health forum and you haven't!. If you do please be specific!! It allows us to see how you're keeping him and what might be causing the problems before he becomes too sick to be helped here.

Last edited:
He shouldn't be sleeping during the day....is he?

In your other two posts you were asked to answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread at the top of the health forum and you haven't!. If you do please be specific!! It allows us to see how you're keeping him and what might be causing the problems before he becomes too sick to be helped here.
On my other threads i got it taken care of he doesn’t sleep all day he’s really active in the morning, eats and basks and moves around throughout the day I’m not home right now but when i get home i will post a pic of his enclosure

Sorry...I found it now...hidden in one of the quotes.
Is the swelling in his right eye/turret gone?
Yes i put eye drops in his eyes and one day i woke up and both eyes were open and he was running around his cage and ate

Good to hear about the eyes!

@CJ's Exotics said..."Is his back right leg fractured?" Good catch! I think it is too
I meant to mention in the other thread about the lack of a phosphorus-free calcium powder being used at almost every feeding...using the phosphorus-free calcium/D3 at two feedings a month and the vitamin powder twice a month....but obviously I forgot. Don't know if it would have been soon enough or not.

Last edited:

@CJ's Exotics said..."Is his back right leg fractured?" Good catch! I think it is too
I meant to mention in the other thread about the lack of a phosphorus-free calcium powder being used at almost every feeding...using the phosphorus-free calcium/D3 at two feedings a month and the vitamin powder twice a month....but obviously I forgot. Don't know if it would have been soon enough or not.
He moves around just fine i don’t see how it would be fractured no falls happened that i know about

He runs around to get food all the time and he’s not jumpy when i touch it

Hm. Eye issue and as someone pointed out, the leg issue. What is your supplements schedule? Also 5.0 is WAY not efficient for a veiled. Could also be causing problem there with metabolizing nutrient

Back
Top Bottom