The past couple days my veiled has had some pretty dark coloration

Hm. Eye issue and as someone pointed out, the leg issue. What is your supplements schedule? Also 5.0 is WAY not efficient for a veiled. Could also be causing problem there with metabolizing nutrient
I am not quite sure this is accurate. I use reptisun 5.0 for my veileds in the past and that's what I'm using now.

I am not quite sure this is accurate. I use reptisun 5.0 for my veileds in the past and that's what I'm using now.

5.0 is OKAY but does not NEARLY produce enough UVB as is equivalent to their natural conditions. Increasing to a better bulb would result in better growth. I guarantee.

Also problem with weaker bulb is when they begin to weaken, they are VERY weak. No good.

Please post another picture of him showing the leg.

Look at both back legs to see if they are the same shape. He could have MBD.

Attachments

• ECADB2DF-1071-44CC-9948-F4C3E0D68DB3.jpeg
    ECADB2DF-1071-44CC-9948-F4C3E0D68DB3.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 100
You said... You feed him " 5-6 pieces of shredded carrot and i try to get at least 1-2 wax worms a day" is that all you feed him?
Now he can see he is eating 7-10 medium crickets a day but the pet store ran out of medium so lately it’s been about 4-5 large a day

Please post another picture of him showing the leg.

Look at both back legs to see if they are the same shape. He could have MBD.
It appears that there is like a small bump on his back right leg and it’s not bone it isn’t hard

What does it feel like? Squishy, firm, etc.? Could it be a mass, or gout?
It’s firm he has them on both legs but one is bigger i don’t know if it could just be the way he’s standing or what

Attachments

• 55D91E36-73DE-45B9-B8AD-EC80DC435F1E.jpeg
    55D91E36-73DE-45B9-B8AD-EC80DC435F1E.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 71
That leg definitely makes me curious, if it feels like his other legs, then I agree, it could be from birth, or an old injury. Keep me updated. Happy Chameleon Keeping, and Happy New Year!!!:):p:D:p:D:)

Hmm...one of the guys eh?? (My name is Lynda).

Every veiled I've had usually eats almost everything I offer it all at once...except a couple of insects that manage to hide which it eats later.

@kinyonga , so it is normal for veileds to everything all at once? I just fed my female, and she ate everything that was in her cup. I feed her every other day because she is almost a year old, although she seems to ALWAYS be hungry. I do not want her to become overweight, and I know too much of anything can cause obesity in chameleons. Should I get her on a different feeding schedule? I feed her on average 8 small dubia roaches every feeding, and sometimes I throw in apples/kale/carrots/etc. as treats. I thought this was an okay schedule, but she always goes to her food bowl and just sits on the rim and stares into it, waiting for food, even on the days I am not feeding her.

Back
Top Bottom