***The Official Enclosure Picture Thread***

Today I cleaned out Stok's cage and rearranged it.
The chance was too big he could burn himself to the lamp so I had to switch things up. He seems very happy with his new setup and loves to bask on the spot which seems to be the perfect distance for him! Before he would often stay away from the lamp resulting in a lack of UV-B light.

anyways; pictures :)

Before:
jV7UfmG.jpg

After:
571OVwu.jpg

qqeYPK5.jpg

Please note this is a temporary set up. The following cage is gettin made ready:

1979466_755332421144800_1138615592_n_zps7139edd8.jpg

New Custom Cage

Im a new member here, but I've been keeping chameleons for quite some time.

This is a custom hybrid breeder cage from Dragon Strand. I contacted Bill Strand (Great guy!)
and he helped me get what I had in mind.
It is 5ft tall, 23.75 in wide, and 23 in deep.
It is sitting on a 24x24 in planter that is 20 in tall.
the floor of the enclosure is planted with:
Schefflera
Pothos
Parlor Palm
Spider plant
babytears
On the inside back, I glued a flora felt living wall planter, with a reservoir from amazon.com. It has a total of 8 pockets. I did not want to experiment with 'nice' plants so I just planted 6 various types of pothos and 2 large bromeliads.
Also, 6 magnaturals small planters, with small bromeliads.

For the vines, i used 2 large and 2 small eco terra vines, in which i twisted them together. Also used 8 kammerflage chameleons (chameleonsonly.com) branches. GREAT quality!

The top section also has 4 grapwood bird branches, that a 'screwed' on the dragon strand hybrid shelves.
There are zoo med cork backgrounds siliconed to the sides. for decoration and increase humidity.

Im using a mist-king, currently there is only one single nozzle, but ill be adding a quad unit, to ensure that the whole cage get 'wet'. The mist-king water reservoir is a 44 gallon, brute container, to ensure that the cage can sustain itself for a long period of time. As I do travel a lot.

Lighting: I purchased Arcadia bulbs and domes from lightyourreptiles.com
Todd, is the most helpful and informative person to speak to in regards t lighting, and his products (Arcadia) are truly amazing.

100W mercury vapor bulb
75W halogen bulb
12% uvb.
and the uvb fixture is the zoomed UVB/LED fixture.

My chameleon, is an adult male nosy be panther.

P.S.
I used the arcadia uvb on my chameleons previous cage, and honestly noticed a difference within hours after installing the bulb.

Pics, are uploaded on other thread

https://www.chameleonforums.com/off...re-thread-2-post-your-pics-94781/index28.html

page, 28. I couldn't re-upload the same pictures.

You probably get this question a lot, but how on earth do you feed your cham, if his environs are totally open air? How do you keep bugs out of your bed?

I would LOVE to do this for mine. What is the secret?

You probably get this question a lot, but how on earth do you feed your cham, if his environs are totally open air? How do you keep bugs out of your bed?

I would LOVE to do this for mine. What is the secret?

When I had my free range I cup fed him,basically put the food in the cup and hold the cup and let him eat

Newbie!!!!

Hi guys, this is my first veiled chameleon and would love some feedback on his enclosure.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1443982839033-1650859036.jpg
    1443982839033-1650859036.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 380
Here is a tiny picture of my enclosure! It isn't really up to date, things been growing, Had to throw out one thing and replace it with another but its a work in progress! In the future I would like to make it even greener :D At the top you'll see Incubus climbing about :)

full

I'm really amazed by the creativity of some enclosures here! I feel so inspired!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey

I attached an image of my recently completed cham enclosure, but I'm not sure how to embed the image in a post.

Attachments

• chameleon cage.jpg
    chameleon cage.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 431
My new juvenile Sambava set up!

Here's the new setup! Nothing fancy but hey, it's just til he grows!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 327
Back
Top Bottom