The Offer

Mason

I was just offered a Sambava x Ambilobe Male aged at around 9 months and I am about to take the offer for 350$ he comes with the whole setup and I plan to upgrade when he is a little older. He has been handled every day and is extremely friendly. I say he is a mixed from how he looks but the breeder says he is mainly Sambava. I have included pictures of him and his dad. What do you guys think ^-^ should I take it?:D

http://imgur.com/t10l0w4 Baby

http://imgur.com/4yN3TDF Sire

He looks healthy. Good looking boy. If the setup is something you'll use and comes with most everything then I think $350 is fair. I would probably recommend you change the UVB bulb when you get him though, just to be safe.

I would get a 2x2x4 enclosure. I bet he would appreciate the space. Seems like a good deal. He is a good looking cham

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I will be picking him up the 2x2x4 enclosure in September so my little guy has more room. I pick him up this Monday along with a new bulb supplements calcium 1000 crickets and a few treats. I am excited to see how his colours change over time. Thanks for the help and added confidence everyone :D

:) I bet you can't wait to bring him home. Good looking cham.

Just curious, what are you planning on keeping your crickets in? I buy them 1000 at a time, too. I get them as 1/2 inch size, that way some of my smaller animals can eat them, and they live a little longer.

Good luck with the new guy, looking forward to pics when you get him home.

My girlfriend has taught me a way to keep them in a thing called a "cricket bin" and its basically just a place to put them where they have access to food the cricket gel a place to climb etc. Depending on size and banded vs jamaican etc it gets cleaned every day or every other day. Sometimes I will split them into smaller bins of 3 for 300 etc to make the cleaning a little less tedious. I don't know the system great because my girlfriend does it alot. Its basically a ventilated rubber maid bin with some mesh to keep the crickets secure. If you're using banded's you only have to clean out once every three days ish.

Thanks btw I'm so excited to bring him home. I am also glad the forums like him and I am excited to see how he grows up and update everyone :D

Your girlfriend definitely sounds like a keeper. :)

That sounds pretty much how I keep them, too. I use paper towel/toilet paper rolls and egg crates for the crickets to climb on. The mesh sounds like a good idea.

It'll be fun to see how he looks as he gets bigger. Some of the before and after pics I've seen here are crazy. I really enjoy seeing how they change over time. :)

Back
Top Bottom