The eggs started sweating!

I'm worried that if you keep checking on them and candling them you're going to mess up the humidity and make it hard or impossible for them to hatch.
Right on the money as usual, that's what is making the egg surface dry and toughen up and crack like that.

Marc- your kind of starting to self sabotage, be patient and check on them from the outside of the bin. Do not mist them in an attempt to restore moisture to the shell.

Iknow...
I shouldn’t be candling the eggs nor opening the lid AT ALL.
It’s very irresistible
At this point how often should I check on the eggs?

Oh Jesus, thought you said January originally! They are barely out of diapause, if your at room temp incubation you’ve got about 3 months to go! I am now 100% sure your dealing with a bacterial infection, this is what’s causing the bumps outside the shell, discoloration(you asked if it was “windowing”, and the false sweating. The eggs that started “sweating” have likely been lost to the bacteria. All you can do is sit back and hope for the best, these infections aren’t a guaranteed death sentence so there’s still hope.

I could be wrong but I’d put money on being right.

Oh Jesus, thought you said January originally! They are barely out of diapause, if your at room temp incubation you’ve got about 3 months to go! I am now 100% sure your dealing with a bacterial infection, this is what’s causing the bumps outside the shell, discoloration(you asked if it was “windowing”, and the false sweating. The eggs that started “sweating” have likely been lost to the bacteria. All you can do is sit back and hope for the best, these infections aren’t a guaranteed death sentence so there’s still hope.

I could be wrong but I’d put money on being right.
But I’ve seen the babies move inside

How is it possible that the have a bacteria?
Can you link me any article, photos or anything that can confirm this?
I’ve never heard anything about bacteria cause sweating

How is it possible that the have a bacteria?
Can you link me any article, photos or anything that can confirm this?
I’ve never heard anything about bacteria cause sweating
No, I can not give you an article, this is just my experience.

Back
Top Bottom