Panther egg sweating but baby cannot get out

eddie165

Hello everybody,
My panther egg has sweating in 1 days and shrink. But the baby cannot crack the shell. I tried to help it by cutting the shell but when i open it, the baby has die with stick out its tounge. So i want to ask how do i control this problem.

Attachments

• IMG_9487.jpeg
    IMG_9487.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 13
Welcome to the forum!

So sorry that this happened.
There is quite a bit of yolk still attached. Are you sure it couldn’t get out?

Welcome to the forum!

So sorry that this happened.
There is quite a bit of yolk still attached. Are you sure it couldn’t get out?
yes, this is the second one, the first one i forgot to take photo. The first one with the yolk totally absorb, but the same situation. I dont know how to prevent this problem. There are some eggs in this clutch hatch normally

So the ones that hatched normally, are the babies still doing well? How old are they?

Did the egg shells on the two that had the problem look the same as the ones that hatched and survived?

So the ones that hatched normally, are the babies still doing well? How old are they?

Did the egg shells on the two that had the problem look the same as the ones that hatched and survived?
No, the one died as the second but i forgot to take the photo. The others hatched normally and doing well, they are 5 days old

So I just want to add... They can sweat for a week before they come out. They have to have time to absorb their yolk. I do not think they are stuck at all. I think they simply are not ready.

I’ve heard of ones dying in the egg and having their tongues stuck out when the eggs take on too much water. Where the eggs quite swollen before they started pipping?

So I just want to add... They can sweat for a week before they come out. They have to have time to absorb their yolk. I do not think they are stuck at all. I think they simply are not ready.
I dont think so,my first one egg dead had absorbed its yolk. After sweating in 4 days then the egg collapse for 3 days until its color turning to darker and wrinkle, i cut the egg shell and see clearly inside with a neonate died that has no yolk any longer. I dont know what happened and to prevent this problem. Do i let it hatch by itself, the healthy baby will survive and the weak will die or timing cut off the shell before the bad situation like this happen.

I dont think so,my first one egg dead had absorbed its yolk. After sweating in 4 days then the egg collapse for 3 days until its color turning to darker and wrinkle, i cut the egg shell and see clearly inside with a neonate died that has no yolk any longer. I dont know what happened and to prevent this problem. Do i let it hatch by itself, the healthy baby will survive and the weak will die or timing cut off the shell before the bad situation like this happen.
With this one you said it was sweating for 1 day before you cut it out. To me this would be premature to do just because of the period of time that the egg was sweating. Most of the breeders that I have seen speak to this cutting them out idea don't. Because if you have to cut them out that means they are weaker and will not thrive like others. Also if they are not hatching out on their own then something could be wrong with that baby again meaning that its chances of being healthy are lower.

With this one you said it was sweating for 1 day before you cut it out. To me this would be premature to do just because of the period of time that the egg was sweating. Most of the breeders that I have seen speak to this cutting them out idea don't. Because if you have to cut them out that means they are weaker and will not thrive like others. Also if they are not hatching out on their own then something could be wrong with that baby again meaning that its chances of being healthy are lower.
Sweating in 4 days and after 3 days collapsed total 7 days and no sign of crack the eggshells, i think it could be breathless so i cut it out.
if the hatch time take too long like this,what should i do or leave it alone ?

We don’t know type temperature you were incubating them at, the humidity level, were they in a dark place? We don’t know the health of the parents.

Some eggs will take on too much water and burst and the baby will have suffocated. Sometimes the shell becomes too hard/stiff and the baby can’t get out and suffocate.

With so many possibilities and not much information, I don’t know what to say about why it’s happening or what to do about it.

Sorry. Maybe someone else will have some comments.

Here is some information that might help…although under almost all circumstances, I don’t interfere with the baby hatching…

We don’t know type temperature you were incubating them at, the humidity level, were they in a dark place? We don’t know the health of the parents.

Some eggs will take on too much water and burst and the baby will have suffocated. Sometimes the shell becomes too hard/stiff and the baby can’t get out and suffocate.

With so many possibilities and not much information, I don’t know what to say about why it’s happening or what to do about it.

Sorry. Maybe someone else will have some comments.

Here is some information that might help…although under almost all circumstances, I don’t interfere with the baby hatching…

Thanks for your reply, i watched this video. The egg in this video has cracked the egg and this man just gave it a hand to support it to hatch.
In my case, i incubated at temperature 25*C. And i check everyday these clutches without open the lids. I saw it sweating in 2-3 days then collapsed more 4-7 day but there no sign of hatching, not crack the shell until the eggs get mold on the surface although before of hatching sign it very good looking.

Back
Top Bottom