My panther cham egg started sweating!!!!

It’s hatch date was the 5th of October it just started sweating on the 7th

I’m super exited for the hatching day and I have a great setup for the cham

Attachments

• E4AD9EAE-D339-4278-9D04-1A0C5E79EA10.jpeg
    E4AD9EAE-D339-4278-9D04-1A0C5E79EA10.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 41
I do not have a baby bin but I have a smaller enclosure for the Cham to grow up in

When it’s too big for the small enclosure I’m going to make it a bigger one

Good luck! For me, I had a (rudimentary) baby bin for a few days and was planning on longer, but personally felt that it would just be better to throw in the full 2x2x4 size cage, and had no issues with the cage size other than spending a good chunk of my day looking for him and giving him way more fruit flies than he'd ever need. If something looks off, like eyes closed or whatnot, don't be afraid to ask questions.

Personally, I would put a panther baby in a baby bin the first month. They are really small and you want to make sure he/she eats and finds the food. The little cage will be find after that. Also, they usually don’t start eating until they are two days old.

IMG_1183.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello and welcome. We all want you to be successful with your hatching little baby. they are very fragile and have no resources to fall back on if your husbandry is off. I strongly recommend you follow setting up a bin as @jannb suggested.

My other suggestion would be do to a husbandry review asap so we can help make sure that you have everything correct for that sweet little baby.

Husbandry list

Food - fruit flies

Hydration/humidity - spray bottle/fogger

Basking spot - 60 watt basking bulb

Climbing places - sticks

Hiding places - fake/real plants

UVB - compact repti sun 5.0

Water conditioner - reptisafe

Therm/hygrometer

Screen mesh terrarium 12x18x20

The next time you’re at the grocery store pick up a couple gallons of distilled water. It’s 99 cents a gallon and a great way to give your reptiles safe drinking water without any chemical additives. Also keeps plant leaves from developing that ashy mineral scale look from minerals in tap water.

Here is a pic of the cage
Hey there the cage itself is fine for a hatchling... But you have to add all live plants and swap out the UVB type... No heat bulb at all on a hatchling. Your compact bulb will not work for a chameleon. You want to get a T5HO fixture and 5.0 or 6% bulb. BUT babies screen climb so you have to lift this fixture off the top of the cage 4 measured inches from the screen to the bottom of the fixture for the baby to be in the correct UVI level.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 11.41.38 AM copy.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 11.41.38 AM copy.png
    887.8 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom