Should I?

• Do eet!

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • Think of Lily!

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

GoodKarma19

Chameleon Enthusiast
Cham fam! Send help! I have no self control - look at this hunk! 4 month old Nosy Mitsio cross locale... I'm so tempted it's not even funny! :eek: Would it be awful of me to delay Lily's upgrade and give it to this boy instead? It'd probably be pretty awful of me. :unsure:

Before I vote what size enclosure is she currently in? And what else is he crossed with?

Jeremy, coming at me with the responsible questions! :D

Pretty Boy's sire is a Nosy Mitsio, dam is a Nosy Faly/Ambilobe X. I'd need to check his lineage, as I can't find that post now that I'm looking for it. Stupid phone.

Lily's currently in a Med ReptiBreeze (so, 16x16x30). The bio viv I'm working on (which would become Boy's, if I got him) is an XL/X-tall Exo terra glass, which is 36x18x36. If Lily stayed in her current enclosure, I'd revamp it and add a planter box underneath the viv to add little extra height/hold bioactive substrate/act as a permanent lay box.

I'm pretty sure I'm trying overly hard to rationalize it, but Lily's healthy and doing great in her enclosure, and I don't think it'd hurt her to stay there at least a little while longer... thoughts? She's a petite lady, and not much bigger than that 4 month old to begin with.

Jeremy, coming at me with the responsible questions! :D

Pretty Boy's sire is a Nosy Mitsio, dam is a Nosy Faly/Ambilobe X. I'd need to check his lineage, as I can't find that post now that I'm looking for it. Stupid phone.

Lily's currently in a Med ReptiBreeze (so, 16x16x30). The bio viv I'm working on (which would become Boy's, if I got him) is an XL/X-tall Exo terra glass, which is 36x18x36. If Lily stayed in her current enclosure, I'd revamp it and add a planter box underneath the viv to add little extra height/hold bioactive substrate/act as a permanent lay box.

I'm pretty sure I'm trying overly hard to rationalize it, but Lily's healthy and doing great in her enclosure, and I don't think it'd hurt her to stay there at least a little while longer... thoughts? She's a petite lady, and not much bigger than that 4 month old to begin with.

Can you afford vet bills for both if they were to get sick at the same time?
If so then go for it.

You're as bad as JoX - and here Iwas thinking you were going to be the reasonable one! ...after Jellybean, i guess I should have expected this! :p

@GoodKarma19 I dont mind being that one voice of reason in this onslaught of pressure... What would Lily want you to do? :ROFLMAO:

I feel like Lily reaaaaally won't care as long as I continue to cater to her every need and bring her in the sunshine haha! :LOL: Chances are she won't get more than the occasional glimpse of the boy! I highly doubt breeding is in my future, though adding more ambilobe to the mix could be an interesting experiment... :unsure: No! Bad Amanda! No breeding! :ROFLMAO:

Can you afford vet bills for both if they were to get sick at the same time?
If so then go for it.

A very reasonable point of view - thanks for bringing it up! :) Yes, if something awful happened and they were both sick, I could make it work. Granted, i also work at a veterinary clinic and can carry an almost indefinite "tab"! Might be tougher to swing when I go back to school and have my fulltime benefits revoked, but I'm not terribly concerned. I always have an emergency animal fund to dip into, just in case! Two chams isn't all that much more expensive than 1 at least, initial set up aside.

.... Y'all were supposed to be the voice of reason. Guess this is what I get for asking a bunch of addicts! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: I'm going to shoot the breeder a message tomorrow and get more info, see if I can possibly come and visit. Conveniently, I'm down that way this weekend!

You're as bad as JoX - and here Iwas thinking you were going to be the reasonable one! ...after Jellybean, i guess I should have expected this! :p

I feel like Lily reaaaaally won't care as long as I continue to cater to her every need and bring her in the sunshine haha! :LOL: Chances are she won't get more than the occasional glimpse of the boy! I highly doubt breeding is in my future, though adding more ambilobe to the mix could be an interesting experiment... :unsure: No! Bad Amanda! No breeding! :ROFLMAO:

A very reasonable point of view - thanks for bringing it up! :) Yes, if something awful happened and they were both sick, I could make it work. Granted, i also work at a veterinary clinic and can carry an almost indefinite "tab"! Might be tougher to swing when I go back to school and have my fulltime benefits revoked, but I'm not terribly concerned. I always have an emergency animal fund to dip into, just in case! Two chams isn't all that much more expensive than 1 at least, initial set up aside.

.... Y'all were supposed to be the voice of reason. Guess this is what I get for asking a bunch of addicts! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: I'm going to shoot the breeder a message tomorrow and get more info, see if I can possibly come and visit. Conveniently, I'm down that way this weekend!

Yeah. You should breed them. Yep. I'm changing my vote.

Perfect! A double wide, great for making baby chams, especially in the south... ;)

Y'all are killing me, hahah! :LOL: poor white trash Lily... :p

I mean, breeding cross locales may be somewhat controversial, but if I kept the babies for myself/gave them to fellow addicts... :ROFLMAO: I mean, look at that handsome little face! Give him a year, and he's sure to be a stunner!! :D Watching him grow would be incredible!

Yep, and building the bio planter box you're planning 16" bigger won't take that much more. Always trying to look out for my fellow addicts when I can.
(y)

I love it!! Heck, if I can't find one second hand for whatever reason and ordered a med ReptiBreeze through the clinic instead, I think it only costs me like $80. Lash em together, throw on a custom foam background and a planter box, and bam! :D Can't believe it never occurred me! Thank you so much for pointing out the obvious!!

....I'm probably way too excited now!! So, now I need to go and find a good stand for Lily's doublewide and commission a planter box of the appropriate dimensions, haha! I'll have to ask my brother. He loves this sort of thing!

I was working on a bio planter this afternoon for my guys upgrade, and my insomniac brain can't let it go;).
How's your other build coming along BTY?

I was working on a bio planter this afternoon for my guys upgrade, and my insomniac brain can't let it go;).
How's your other build coming along BTY?

Slow, but we're making progress!! Thanks for asking! :D I'll probably be updating my build thread within the next couple days, though I'll be gone all weekend and won't be able to work on it more. 6 cans of Great Stuff and counting, haha! I think I have another 2 to go before the end.

I think I'll cut some eggcrate to size to act as support for the foam in Lily's "doublewide", make the back a living wall and keep the sides mostly clear except for a couple planters. I have 4 MagNatural planters that need homes, after all! :p This works out well, really. Lily can have the coffee plants and schefflera as her big tree type plants, and Boy can have the hibiscus. I even have exactly two different species of isopods in separate cultures, one for each enclosure! Get everything all in place, seal up two sides with some of that clear shrink wrap stuff for windows... bam! All nice for Lily! :D 'Course, with the limited space I have right now, I'm going to have to move her on the opposite side ofthe room from Boy... so they can't share a mister or fogger. Guess I'm getting another system at some point, haha! Summer projeccccttttts! (y)

Back
Top Bottom